Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Rear Camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i was told that the model 3 rear camera does not function at the same time on a split screen with something else, is this correct? (apparently you have to get out of the camera mode in order access anything else)

my friend has a model X and it is possible to have the camera on a split screen with the radio at the same time for example.

i am hopeful that for the model Y tesla will be programming the model X software in this way rather than the model 3 as i love the idea of driving with the camera on.

if anyone knows about this please confirm - thanks.

that's what i was worried about. i'm not sure why they changed the functionality of the model 3 (compared to the model X) to not allow the camera to be in use at the same time.

do you know what the best way is to communicate to tesla concerns like this so hopefully if enough people bring this up they might make the change back to the model X for this software feature?

that's what i was worried about. i'm not sure why they changed the functionality of the model 3 (compared to the model X) to not allow the camera to be in use at the same time.

do you know what the best way is to communicate to tesla concerns like this so hopefully if enough people bring this up they might make the change back to the model X for this software feature?
The X has 2 screens to show info whereas the 3 has only 1. There isn’t a lot of room to do the split screen unfortunately. You never know though. Maybe they can figure it out.

I just find a huge need to change radio stations while backing the car up. So I don't miss the feature.

When you compare the Model 3 to the S and X, it becomes quite obvious that the S and X have antiquated multi-screen displays that aren't that useful. ;)

i hear you, i actually like to have the camera on when i'm going forward too though :)

good point about the S & X, i just really liked that one feature however i may have to do without it!

Having the rear camera on in the X is OK during the day, but a nightmare at night with headlights, turn signals, etc. Also, useless in wet weather because of the spray on the camera blurs the lens. I tried it for a day or so on my X and turned it off. I have not felt the need for it in the last 18 months.