Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model S went Haywire on me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They owe you a new MCU or a new car. Whatever it takes to remedy the situation. They shouldn't be letting you drive around in that car. It would be rediculous if you had to take it to a lawyer.

They towed the car to their facility on Saturday once again. Its now Thursday and they are still diagnosing. My guess is there is probably a bad wire somewhere in the factory harness that is part of the communication bus. I hope they are just replacing the full wiring harness which seemed to be the solution from someone else that had the same issue. If and when I get it back if it happens again I will be filing a lemon law suit.

The car already is starting to look old from all the wear on all the trim from being taken apart so many times.

Reactions: AmpedRealtor
I'm glad they're taking a more active approach this time. Hopefully the new wiring harness solves the problem. It could also be a bad module (anything from a door handle to the MCU itself) dumping garbage onto the data bus and making things go haywire.

FYI.. Got the car back after 3 weeks and they blamed the errors on my dashcam & radar detector installation and they disconnected both and said the car is good.View attachment 281856

Regrettably they are always looking for something go blame for something they can’t figure out. If you have aftermarket accessories installed that will always be what they blame, even if the idea is preposterous.

Regrettably they are always looking for something go blame for something they can’t figure out. If you have aftermarket accessories installed that will always be what they blame, even if the idea is preposterous.

After they disconnected my aftermarket parts which were only connected to the battery we went 30 minutes before the issue happened again so that theory has gone out the window.

I think it's time for you to ask for Tesla to build you a new car. This is beyond terrible for a brand new purchase of this type. Don't accept less. Send a tweet to Elon Musk and call your local consumer reporter if you have to. You might have to give Tesla a black eye and push them to do the right thing, as others have needed to do in the past. It's unfortunate, but sometimes Tesla does the right thing and sometimes it doesn't. It all depends on the attitudes of the local service people.