Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My MYP charging port flashes green all the time during charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i remember my old Model 3 would turn off the charging status light after a minute or so, but my MYP never does that, the green light would stay flashing throughout the duration of charging and stay solid green when fully charged. why is that? is there a setting i have to turn on to enable the charging status light turn off after i walk away?

i remember my old Model 3 would turn off the charging status light after a minute or so, but my MYP never does that, the green light would stay flashing throughout the duration of charging and stay solid green when fully charged. why is that? is there a setting i have to turn on to enable the charging status light turn off after i walk away?
Well, it used to be that the charge light would stay lit all the time and the flash rate would indicate how fast it is charging, but that’s going back many years. I would guess various software updates have changed the behavior over the years.

I thought it turned off when the car locked. So, if you take your phone with you to check it would turn back on when you approach the vehicle.
good point, i will go check without my phone next time. but i remember in my old Model 3, the status light on the charger would remain dark until i touch the door handle and unlock the car.