Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Test Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DanDi58

Jun 22, 2020
Dayton NJ
Did a test drive of a MY this morning at the Princeton SC. Extremely impressed with the car, having never driven a Tesla.... The tester they have is a Performance MY in Blue/black, which is the combo I would like to get, although not the Performance as I'm not crazy about black wheels. Long Range DM would be fine for me. But what an impressive car. Although I did learn the hard way that it 'shuts off' when you open the door to step out and take some photos at a spot nowhere near the gallery..... Fortunately they were able to reset it from afar and get me going. This particular car seemed pretty well put together based on quality comments I've read here, although admittedly I didn't crawl over the car looking for defects. Except for the curb rash on one wheel. Size-wise, it's perfect for me, slightly larger than my current Mazda CX-5. I will probably wait until a later this year to order one, let them work out the kinks in the qualitry and delivery logistics.

Reactions: Watts_Up and DanCar
I found it really good, however, I prefer a little firmness in my ride. I wasn't on particularly bad roads (Rt 1S, Rt 295N, Rt 206N then some side roads). I'd probably want to drive the LR model as well before I chose that, just to make sure it's not too much different. The wheelbase is almost the same as my 2014 CX-5, which has a pretty good balance of firmness/comfort.

• Informative
Reactions: Gt1948
I did a test drive on the 29th. Performance MY with 20” wheels. Rented a P85 MS last year (21” wheels).

From my recall, ride was much smoother in the MY. Loved the ride height and space. I’m 6’1” and the back seat was around the same roominess of my ‘13 Avalon.

Road noise (radio off) was less than I expected - but I didn’t take it up to 80mph - top speed was maybe 60ish?

Order placed Wednesday for LR MY with FSD. Now to wait, and skim these forums for good ideas