Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Oregon Superchargers (2018)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just did my first road trip from Seattle to Redding. Return trip via Klamath Falls & Bend. I have to say there are some really crappy Supercharger locations - Grants Pass and Klamath Falls in particular.

Looking forward to Redding & Roseburg and hope they are at a decent location.
Face it, it's Grants Pass and Kalamath Falls, are there any locations that wouldn't be crappy?;)

• Funny
Reactions: KathyApplebaum
I don’t understand why Newport would get an SC when it’s quite close to Lincoln City SC. There’s a big gap on the coast highway from Lincoln City to Bandon. It really needs to be installed in Florence or even Reedsport which both have routes inland too.

I don’t understand why Newport would get an SC when it’s quite close to Lincoln City SC. There’s a big gap on the coast highway from Lincoln City to Bandon. It really needs to be installed in Florence or even Reedsport which both have routes inland too.

When I first noticed Newport was added as a future SC I had a similar thought. The best reasoning I can think of is that it serves the Corvallis/Albany and Eugene/Springfield coast-bound drivers better than Lincoln City. In my opinion, from Florence North to Devil's Punchbowl is one of the two best stretches of Oregon Coast. I would imagine for drivers headed to the coast from those two metro areas Lincoln City is out of the way for most coast trips.

An interesting exercise would be to rank Oregon priority superchargers from the Tesla perspective. I don't think Newport SC is high up the list! And, of course, North of California priority is in finishing a trans-Canada route as well as filling out dense Washington and Vancouver-clustered areas with high concentrations of Tesla drivers.

I noticed a comment in a Tesla FB group:

"While charging in Burns yesterday, the Chamber of Commerce advised that Tesla had pulled a permit for 8 Superchargers. A much needed location for Central Oregon." Thanks Sue!

Of course I also noticed on Oregon's permitting website: "ePermitting will be closed Monday, Nov. 11th in Observance of Veteran's Day and will resume business on Tuesday, Nov. 12th." So I can't look it up!