Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Seattle CHAdeMO chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Padelford

Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2017
Seattle
If you have a CHAdeMO adapter, there are two such chargers at a new Nissan dealership on Airport Way just north of Spokane St. The chargers are located in the parking lot north of the main building. One was ICE'ed by what looked like a non Nissan vehicle. Access to them is pretty good compared to other Nissan dealership CHAdeMO chargers I've seen.

There are what appear to be four CCS chargers outside the front of the building, but they appear to not be the very high power CCS (lacked the two extra pins next to the round connector).

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
I've never charged at Nissan dealers. Usually how friendly are they when seeing non Nissan cars charge there?
It seems to be variable. Each dealer is, of course, a separate business. They also change management and ownership pretty frequently, so policies change just as often. You also frequently run into cases where the charger is ICEd by the dealership and you have to get a car moved. For a while the chargers at Nissan dealers had cooling problems that were exacerbated by the longer charging times on a Tesla, so they were banned.

About all you can do is read the Plugshare entry for a particular charger. Usually the policy will either be stated, or you can read comments by Tesla owners.

I would not be surprised for policies to change now that there will be increased traffic from Model 3 owners.