Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oktane got banned - what did I miss?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously, few sites permit threads concerning moderator/admin moderation decisions. Normally, things like Banning are discussed in a forum you cannot see. Discussions, pro and con, occur there. Public second-guessing threads often end up in a Trash Can forum, that again is invisible.

It's an admin decision how moderation is used. Whether it's good to use the Trash Can or not is up to the Admin. Public discussion can often make things worse. While it seems that Free Speech is being harmed, it is not that simple. It's a balancing act. Many readers on a board will be reluctant to post when they see threads about punishing members. So while it does reduce Free Speech, at the same time it can increase Free Speech by others.

You must be a lot of fun Christmas morning. Or birthdays. :)
Kort walks into a a kids birthday party:

Kid: Hey, I am so excited to celebrate my birthday party. it is going to be a lot of fun, I am looking forward to enjoying life.

Kort: Ya.. ya. whatever. You realize that you are one year closer to death.. one year closer to be buried. If you are lucky you will be buried after you die, because around 0.001% people have been buried alive, 8% have died a horrific death and 20% have suffered through painful illnesses before they died. There is no guarantee that you won't end up in that category. Some of the overly exuberant but naive kinds would be well served with a mild reality check

Kid: Hey, I am so excited to celebrate my birthday party. it is going to be a lot of fun, I am looking forward to enjoying life.

Kort: Ya.. ya. whatever. You realize that you are one year closer to death.. one year closer to be buried. If you are lucky you will be buried after you die, because around 0.001% people have been buried alive, 8% have died a horrific death and 20% have suffered through painful illnesses before they died. There is no guarantee that you won't end up in that category. Some of the overly exuberant but naive kinds would be well served with a mild reality check
So Kort is Schleprock?
wowzie_wowzie_woo_woo_by_darcsyde_by_the_darcsyde-da432hz.jpg

gfy

• Informative
Reactions: anticitizen13.7
@alcibiades put it well, this forum truly is a celebration for some people. A Christmas and a Birthday party.

That mindset helps understand. You don't want to be the grinch on Christmas, surely not.

For others - like me - I thought this was a special interest group of owners and hobbyists talking Tesla. I come with a completely different mindset than Christmas/Birthday, I admit that openly.

If this is a celebration of Tesla for some of you, I understand why e.g. my posts have irritated. I did not know this was intended to be a celebration party, but it was recently pointed out to me that may actually be the intent.

Last edited:
For others - like me - I thought this was a special interest group of owners and hobbyists talking Tesla. I come with a completely different minset than Christmas/Birthday, I admit that openly.

If this is a celebration of Tesla for some of you, I understand why e.g. my posts have irritated. I did not know this was intended to be a celebration party, but it was recently pointed out to me that may actually be the intent.
dealing with the fan bois can be a tough thing to do. for me the tesla wasn't the purchase of a lifetime, my first fancy car, it was just another car and when I didn't get the quality or functionalities promised I squawked.
If you're interested I could relate the mindset of many of the older mods and fanbois via a PM

I'm gonna start a thread "Elon is a fraud" see what happens. :)
Will that get me banned? :)
elon isn't a fraud however he is man who got very wealthy with some of his visionary concepts. however some of his concepts are a bit of an overreach. nothing wrong with his being an innovative visionary but not every pronouncement he utters should be viewed as being akin to being gospel like, like some here tend to believe.

@alcibiades put it well, this forum truly is a celebration for some people. A Christmas and a Birthday party.

That mindset helps understand. You don't want to be the grinch on Christmas, surely not.

For others - like me - I thought this was a special interest group of owners and hobbyists talking Tesla. I come with a completely different mindset than Christmas/Birthday, I admit that openly.

It is both - not either/or. But the gray zone tilts toward celebration at least a bit.

• Helpful
Reactions: AnxietyRanger