Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom Battery Drain - 6% a day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sentry and Smart Summon are known to keep the car awake, make sure you turn both off -> In the car, not the mobile app. There might be other such settings in the car's configuration... I have a 3 so I can't go and check all the details of the S/X but I know there are differences.

EVERY time you open the mobile app you wake the car up for a while... if you check it often enough it would be as bad as having Sentry on. Stop looking at it. TeslaFi, when configured properly to not prevent sleeping, is a better tool to know if the car sleeps.

Reactions: scottf200
My X was totaled before I even get it fixed. It's actually got hit by a dumbass when I was on the way to Tesla Service Center to get it check out.
So sorry to hear. I hope everyone is OK. Good news is you're ready for your next ride :cool:

Reactions: mojavedesert
My X was totaled before I even get it fixed. It's actually got hit by a dumbass when I was on the way to Tesla Service Center to get it check out.
So sorry to hear that.

Reactions: mojavedesert
I realise that this is an older thread (and is about the MX) but I'm having pretty much the exact same problem with my M3LR. I've disabled Sentry mode completely, turned off cabin overheat protection, removed the app widget from my phone's screen and don't launch the app unless I have to and I'm still getting a 4-8% loss per day when the vehicle is in standby. I don't have any 3rd party apps connecting to the car.

I've submitted a service request for next week but I'm curious to know if Tesla was able to fix the problem for @mojavedesert ?
M3 Highland RWD less than couple weeks old, but I noticed its draining considerable battery while parked in garage. I have all usual suspects turned off. Haven't tried turning off wifi and bluetooth though. Just saw this thread and your post, wondering you managed to get that fixed ?

M3 Highland RWD less than couple weeks old, but I noticed its draining considerable battery while parked in garage. I have all usual suspects turned off. Haven't tried turning off wifi and bluetooth though. Just saw this thread and your post, wondering you managed to get that fixed ?
Yes. Sort of. In my case, the phantom drain was being caused by Tesla's power trunk retrofit kit that I'd had installed. Disconnecting the CANBUS wiring harness (which disables the ability to close the trunk using the mobile app or the in-car screen) cleared up the problem.

More detail available in this thread: Power trunk retrofit causing car awake

But I don't think that would be the culprit in your case since you have a newer, Highland M3