Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short life with my Tesla MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got an accident this morning. We were driving on highway 395 with my 6 weeks old MXLR, it’s 2 lanes road, one for each direction. Suddenly there was a dumpass from opposite direction tried to pass a big truck in front of him and he illegally crossed a double solid yellow lines to move to our way and head on us. Luckily I moved to the right to avoid a head on but it still hit us very hard on our driver side. The car spins around about 6-7 times then stop, all airbags were deployed. Both of my wife and I walked out the car alive. God had saved us.
IMG_0928.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0927.jpeg
    IMG_0927.jpeg
    704.3 KB · Views: 51
I just got an accident this morning. We were driving on highway 395 with my 6 weeks old MXLR, it’s 2 lanes road, one for each direction. Suddenly there was a dumpass from opposite direction tried to pass a big truck in front of him and he illegally crossed a double solid yellow lines to move to our way and head on us. Luckily I moved to the right to avoid a head on but it still hit us very hard on our driver side. The car spins around about 6-7 times then stop, all airbags were deployed. Both of my wife and I walked out the car alive. God had saved us.
View attachment 1009901
Thank God you and your wife were not badly hurt. Things happen. Count your blessings and place another order for another X. You will get a new one soon and possibly have a mechanical horn too. I mean if the car is totaled that is.

Last edited:
Thank God you and your wife were not badly hurt. Things happen. Count your blessings and place another order for another X. You will get a new one soon and possibly have a mechanical horn too. I mean if the car is totaled that is.
Thank you. Both of us were transported to near by hospital but got released after 3 hrs. We are ok for now. I don't know if the battery got damage but all airbags were deployed. Do you think if it's totaled? I am looking forward to placing another X as soon as I hear from the other driver insurance. I don't want to have my insurance (State Farm) get involve just yet. That dumpass has to pay for his stupidity.

I don't want to have my insurance (State Farm) get involve just yet. That dumpass has to pay for his stupidity.
Heartbreaking accident but glad you are ok.

Maybe things vary from state to state, but the first thing I would do is contact my insurance, which is also State Farm. That doesn’t imply anything is your fault. They advocate for you through the process. Thanks be to having had teenage drivers that I know about these things. 🫤

that car is 100% totaled. I am glad you are safe.
I hope it's totaled. I hear if the cost to fix less than 75% value of the car, they won't total it. But since all of airbags were deployed, it won't be safe to drive if they replace airbags. I am not gonna accept the car back if they won't total it.

Last edited:
I hope it's totaled. I hear if the cost to fix less than 75% value of the car, they won't total it. But since all of airbags were deployed, it won't be safe to drive if they replace airbags. I am not gonna accept the car back if they won't total it.
Teslas and EVs in general seem to get totaled more often. This X is done.

And having lived in Eastern California (Ridgecrest) for a while, I know how often this sort of thing happens. I still remember how everyone talked in terms of time (1 hour, 2 hours away) instead of distance since it was assumed you meant 80 or so.

Reactions: mojavedesert
Thank you. Both of us were transported to near by hospital but got released after 3 hrs. We are ok for now. ... I don't want to have my insurance (State Farm) get involve just yet.
It's good to hear that you're both OK and that you got checked at a hospital!

I learned recently that after a collision it's important to get medically checked out since you might not feel damage to the spine and other parts for a few days.

This reminded me to refresh my memory on post-accident responsibilities. California Car Accident Laws

* Drivers must report the accident to law enforcement within 24 hours and to the DMV within 10 days if there were any injuries or damage > $1000. An officer on the scene will do the former.

* Every automobile insurance contract requires the policyholder to report a car accident to the insurer very soon after the fact. The sooner the insurer knows about the accident, the sooner it can start investigating the claim. And if you don't report the accident within a reasonable period of time, the insurer may deny coverage in connection with the crash.

Last edited:
Reactions: mojavedesert