Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even in those conditions I haven't been able to get the Homelink option to appear in the app for my Classic :(

I just posted about this in the 7.1 thread:

As the screen you included showed, there was a disclaimer about US vehicles only. Others have said in other threads that the Homelink feature is only working through the summoning. Summoning is only in the US, so the note about Homelink control being for US cars only would be consistent with that.

So since your non-AP car can't be summoned, it also can't control Homelink.

Well that sucks. Homelink in the car works fine and auto-open/close works fine, but I guess getting remote Homelink control won't happen. I guess I will assuage myself if on AP cars it has no trigger and is just part of summoning. If so though, it's Teslas usual bad communication problem. If his occurs only as part of summoning, there wasn't a need to make Homelink a separate bullet point! Oh well.

I don't see any updates for the Android app. Can someone detail how they got the update and where Summon is located in the app? Maybe some screen shots?

You can just go to the Google Play Store and select the app, and it should show that you have it installed, and that an update is available.

If you have your android settings set up such that you are notified when app updates are available, you should have been notified.

Sorry I only read a few pages on this thread, but on my Android Samsung Galaxy S5, the Tesla App works exactly once after I start it. If I do something else I cannot return to the app, it just spins forever. I have to kill the app and restart it to get my one use again. Is this a known/common thing? It has ALWAYS done this, 100% of the time.

Sorry I only read a few pages on this thread, but on my Android Samsung Galaxy S5, the Tesla App works exactly once after I start it. If I do something else I cannot return to the app, it just spins forever. I have to kill the app and restart it to get my one use again. Is this a known/common thing? It has ALWAYS done this, 100% of the time.
Yup, that's a known issue, and it's because Tesla has built a horribly unreliable app. Unfortunately, all the thrid party apps are for iphone, not android.

Is there anywhere an explanation of the symbols at the top left of the Location screen - I don't understand what the one that looks like a wheel does (second from left)? Also an explanation of the blue, green, orange segments round the speed indicator. In fact, of every aspect of the app!
The icons in the upper left, the first is the menu (3 horizontal bars) then the next (looks like a target scope) enables or disables fitting your current location on to the screen, the third (car icon) makes sure the car is centred on the screen, and the globe turns on or off the satellite view.
The coloured segments around the speed indicator mimic the old style speedometer/power meter in the car, blue on the left is a speed indicator, orange on the right is power usage, green on the right is regenerative braking.

The icons in the upper left, the first is the menu (3 horizontal bars) then the next (looks like a target scope) enables or disables fitting your current location on to the screen, the third (car icon) makes sure the car is centred on the screen, and the globe turns on or off the satellite view.
The coloured segments around the speed indicator mimic the old style speedometer/power meter in the car, blue on the left is a speed indicator, orange on the right is power usage, green on the right is regenerative braking.
Thank you very much.

My Calendar has not synched between my Android phone and the car since the installation of version 7.1. Is that a known issue? I do not see anything I need to do to allow sharing that is not on by default in the phone,

And if this post should be in the version 7.1 forum, that is OK -- could be moved.
Thanks!

My Calendar has not synched between my Android phone and the car since the installation of version 7.1. Is that a known issue? I do not see anything I need to do to allow sharing that is not on by default in the phone,

And if this post should be in the version 7.1 forum, that is OK -- could be moved.
Thanks!

I sent an email to Tesla support and got back an email that said to uninstall the Tesla app and then install the latest version (v 2.7.2). I did that and the calendar is working again. (I also see in another thread that others have done this successfully as well.)