Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible to buy EAP in another country

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I kind of know the answer to this question, but after doing a bit of research i found that the price for EAP is wildly different from country to country so it would be nice if it was possible to choose from which country i wanted to buy it from.

If i were in the US or Canada i would feel really p*ssed off, that i had to pay approximately double the price for EAP (And FSD, as those prices are always double of whatever the EAP price is) compared to Japan.

I compiled a list of countries and the price of EAP converted to USD, using google currency changer.

The prices are USD in the chart below

In my specific case i live in Denmark and right next to us, is Sweden and Norway but still we have to pay ~650 USD more for the package than our neighboring countries.

I would be a LOT more inclined to buy it, if i was able to buy it at "Japanese price".

USA6000
Canada5886
Mexico5309
Israel5131
Poland4868
Czech Republic4593
Singapore4358
Denmark4316
EU - EUR Countries4193
Croatia4148
Hungary4098
UAE3838
Sweden3688
Norway3652
Thailand3605
Iceland3422
Australia3391
Japan3089

Very unlikely that you could choose where to buy EAP.
Offcourse, but it just feels very strange that there is even a price difference.

I understand that a big mac cost a different amount based on where it is sold, but this is mainly down to the price of materials, price of rent, electricity etc, and price of labor in each country.

This is a piece of software, it should not cost a different amount, based on whether the car was bought 1 mile on one side of the border or 1 mile to the other side of the border.

I would imagine that 98+% of all tesla owners have not bought either EAP or FSD because of the price, i really do not understand why Tesla slashes prices of their cars with 25% but still want so much money for their software upgrades that 98+% opts to not buy them.

In Denmark i know not a single Tesla owner that has bought any of these packages, and surely if they could sell it to just 10% at half price, they would get a lot more money than if they sold it to 2% at full price.

Also as far as i understand the abilities of the software is made better, based on real life data from cars, so why limit the number of users, surely a lot more data would yield a lot more usable stuff to make the software better.

Especially now when 60% of the features in the EAP package is "Coming at a later date....No date specified and if it never comes, well tough luck" it seems very expensive.

To be honest, all i want is the auto lanechange and NOA features, the other 3 that is not available right now is gimmick features i would only use to show off and not for anything useful.

And here i am complaining, when the NOA package cost 4316 in Denmark and not like in the US where it cost 6000. :)

This is a piece of software, it should not cost a different amount, based on whether the car was bought 1 mile on one side of the border or 1 mile to the other side of the border.
All software is like that. I saw a price list of Microsoft 365 that varied from $60 in Russia to $131 in Israel. Part of it is what the market will bear. Sometimes a jurisdiction requires inclusion of taxes (e.g. VAT, GST or DST) or import fees in the price. Then there's hedging over the volatility of the currency, etc.
And here i am complaining, when the NOA package cost 4316 [Danish Krone] in Denmark and not like in the US where it cost 6000 [US Dollars].
The median income in Denmark is DKK 45,481. The average income in the US for 35-44 year olds is US$61,360. I think you can see how the pricing reflects each market.