Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with Camber during alignment check

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently got an alignment done on my 2017 MS 75 at the Firestone that Facebook Tesla Group recommended. I bought the car used about 3 months ago from Tesla. After the alignment, the car is now pulling hard to the left. The tech at Firestone said the left camber is maxed out and this is the best they can do. They even rotated the tires to see if that was the issue. They're guessing something happened by the previous owner and they tried to mask the problem before returning it to Tesla because before the alignment, the car was drifting to the right but not that noticeable The previous owner leased this vehicle for 3 years. Firestone is guessing it might be an electrical problem? Has anyone experienced this before or might know what's going on?

Attachments

• camphoto_1804928587.jpg
    camphoto_1804928587.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 131
I think your car might have hit a curb or other object with that corner.

I would see if there are casting dates on your wheels. If they all match, they should be all original to the car. If one is newer, it's a good sign it has been replaced.

The negative camber on your left front might indicate that wheel got curbed hard enough to bend some suspension components that were not replaced when the wheel was replaced.

A bend in a control arm that produces 1.5 degrees of camber might not be visible to the naked eye (though the camber itself likely is), and it's also possible a bushing is worn through (though this should be easily visible to an alignment tech.)

I think your car might have hit a curb or other object with that corner.

I would see if there are casting dates on your wheels. If they all match, they should be all original to the car. If one is newer, it's a good sign it has been replaced.

The negative camber on your left front might indicate that wheel got curbed hard enough to bend some suspension components that were not replaced when the wheel was replaced.

A bend in a control arm that produces 1.5 degrees of camber might not be visible to the naked eye (though the camber itself likely is), and it's also possible a bushing is worn through (though this should be easily visible to an alignment tech.)

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. I should've gotten an alignment done as soon as I took delivery but the car didn't pulled so I didn't think I need to ASAP so this is gonna be hard to convince Tesla that it wasn't my fault. I'll also check the casting dates on the wheels like you suggested. I'm scared to know the ticket price to fix this lol sighh.