Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA: 2018 Obamacare

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
I had sticker shock this week when I sat down to choose an Obamacare plan. The exchange reported that barely half of my premium would be covered by the tax credit. I've now realized that the tax credit calculation is not updated for 2018 plans.

This is underhanded manipulations by the Trump WH to torpedo Obamacare by withdrawing funds from the website to provide accurate data. It will be most noticed by areas where the plans have significantly changed in cost from 2016. People will either have to learn the rules (how to identify the SLCSP for their area) or find a reputable and informed broker.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
People will either have to learn the rules (how to identify the SLCSP for their area) or find a reputable and informed broker.
I was not familiar with this acronym so looked it up. May help others.

The second-lowest priced Marketplace health insurance plan in the Silver category that applies to you. It may not be the plan you enrolled in. You need to know your second lowest cost Silver plan (SLCSP) premium to figure out your final premium tax credit. In most cases, you'll find your SLCSP premium on Form 1095-A.
Second lowest cost Silver plan (SLCSP) - HealthCare.gov Glossary ...

Link: Second lowest cost Silver plan (SLCSP) - HealthCare.gov Glossary

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones