Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

rear seat bolster removal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I added sound insulation on C-pillar at driver's side, and now I'm looking to do the same on the other side.
But I had some trouble in taking apart the rear seat bolster, and actually ended up braking one of the plastic attachments that it attaches with.. service manual wasn't much use here.

Any tips how to get it out easier?

Hi,

I added sound insulation on C-pillar at driver's side, and now I'm looking to do the same on the other side.
But I had some trouble in taking apart the rear seat bolster, and actually ended up braking one of the plastic attachments that it attaches with.. service manual wasn't much use here.

Any tips how to get it out easier?
Did you ever figure this out? I broke the square plastic clips removing the side bolsters and need to remove those square clips to remove the rear trunk felt carpeting...

13 MS85. Was able to reattached the rear side bolster back into the plastic clip. Exact same mechanism as my 2011 Prius rear seat cushion. Here is the thread in priuschat. Key posts are #2 and #4 (mine)

There is no way to push the metal loop back into an assembled clip. I tried it with a rubber mallet with the clip out of the car. Inner frame is too compressed to allow the loop to go in.

Alternative is to buy a new clip. Prius/Tesla clip looked identical haha.

13 MS85. Was able to reattached the rear side bolster back into the plastic clip. Exact same mechanism as my 2011 Prius rear seat cushion. Here is the thread in priuschat. Key posts are #2 and #4 (mine)

There is no way to push the metal loop back into an assembled clip. I tried it with a rubber mallet with the clip out of the car. Inner frame is too compressed to allow the loop to go in.

Alternative is to buy a new clip. Prius/Tesla clip looked identical haha.
The Model S and X both have a ton of Toyota style clips and fasteners in them. This is because the supplier that Toyota used for those off the shelf items when the Fremont plant was still NUMMI is right outside of the plants grounds. The supplier is called Toyota Tsusho.