Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rejected Delivery...New ISA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had to reject a delivery on Wednesday. I was able to pre-inspect the car prior to actual delivery (I mooched around the parking lot at Rocklin Service Center) and found a few defects (large paint chip, door gasket problem). Since I hadn't taken delivery, I had the option of getting a replacement car with new VIN, which I took. The time line was 4 - 6 weeks which was OK. I called my ISA and left a message and sent email explaining what happened. Prior to the delivery my ISA was very responsive and returned emails and phone calls promptly. However, since Wed I have heard nothing at all from him which is odd.

Question: in this situation, when a new VIN is assigned, is 1) the ISA associated with a particular VIN or 2) a particular customer?

You just set yourself back in the queue. The ISAs just don't have enough time in the day to worry about people just wanting to chat. Once you get reassigned and the car shows up at the lot, they'll be sure to reach out to you again.

It is just not possible to have 300,000 people calling every week to ask what the current status of their car is. And the ISAs really know nothing until the car gets assigned, and then they barely know more than the web site.