Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road trip games

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been taking my 3LR, now YLR from Vermont to North Carolina to visit the folks with my daughter since 2018(and really since 2005 with gas). But she’s 8 now and making the trek Friday.

Anyone have any good amusing road trip games?

I don’t know if my daughter can play count the tesla’s(not sure how high she can count).

My wife and I modified the license plate game to make it more competitive. You can't claim plates from the state you're currently in or a state that touches the state you're currently in. And no commercial plates (trucks, buses, etc). Traveling from VT to NC you have a pretty good chance of seeing all 50. Bonus points for Canadian and Mexican plates.

When my family used travel when I was a kid we played the "Strange and Unusual" game. Dad got a bag of candies before we left and anyone who spotted something "strange and unusual" during the trip got to pick a candy. We were mostly driving across Texas so there was a LOT. :D

He and I also played the horse game. It really only works in the countryside - interstate highways don't work so well. If you spot a horse you get a point. If there's something special about the horse like it has a rider or it's pulling a wagon then there are bonus points.

There's also 20 Questions. One person thinks of a thing. The other person asks Yes/No questions trying to guess what it is.

Basically anything to get the kid's attention out of the vehicle.

A bit boring, but my family and I just drove from Philly suburbs to Orlando, FL. We counted how many Tesla’s we saw and would keep track of the models on the sketch pad on the touchscreen of the car. We saw a total of 71 teslas, excluding when it became dark and could not tell what cars were which.