Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roundup - glyphosate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jkn

Nov 29, 2013
EU
This is reply to
Video: Ever wonder how lithium is mined for batteries?

Damage done by Agent Orange in Vietnam was caused by 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-para-dioxin. Google search 'agent orange impurity' gives more than enough. For example: veteransinfo.tripod.com/Background_on_Agent_Orange.pdf

Those who use Vietnam as evidence of glyphosate being poisonous don't understand what they are speaking about. I won't take them seriously.

If I remember correctly, some countries (not all) in EU allow use of glyphosate just before harvesting. In my opinion this should be stopped. Another use of glyphosate is to kill everything green before sowing. If glyphosate is replaced by something else, it should be made sure that new chemical is not more harmful.

This is reply to
Video: Ever wonder how lithium is mined for batteries?

Damage done by Agent Orange in Vietnam was caused by 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-para-dioxin. Google search 'agent orange impurity' gives more than enough. For example: veteransinfo.tripod.com/Background_on_Agent_Orange.pdf

Those who use Vietnam as evidence o being poisonous don't understand what they are speaking about. I won't take them seriously.

If I remember correctly, some countries (not all) in EU allow use of glyphosate just before harvesting. In my opinion this should be stopped. Another use of glyphosate is to kill everything green before sowing. If glyphosate is replaced by something else, it should be made sure that new chemical is not more harmful.
Oh, some poisons are less poisonous than other poisons. imagine that.
I prefer to put herbicides directly on my food at the table, that way I can insure safe dosage.

" ...The WHO and FAO Joint committee on pesticide residues issued a report in 2016 stating that the use of glyphosate formulations does not constitute a health risk and also gave admissible daily intake limits for chronic toxicity.[16] The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) maintained their current classification of glyphosate as a substance causing serious eye damage and as a substance toxic to aquatic life, but did not find evidence implicating it to be a carcinogen, a mutagen, toxic to reproduction, nor toxic to specific organs.[17] "

daily intake limits for chronic toxicity ... not constitute health risk - oh, that makes perfect sence.
causing serious eye damage and toxic to aquatic like (I guess that mean everything living in the water??) but NOT toxic to specific organs (guess that means all organs?)

Have you read about insect die off in Germany?
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/10/germany-s-insects-are-disappearing
surely nothing to do with herbicides - insects don't need plants any more than humans do, do they? Just what do they eat? not weeds, right? Anyway, I don't think Monsanto does anything to improve the health of people. They just make money. And I guess you believe the opposite. I attempt to do my own research and think Monsanto products are dangerous. Obviously you do your own and have concluded otherwise. Monsanto motives clear - others may not be so obvious. follow the money. Sadly I no longer trust many churches nor charities.

later, good night and good luck

Interesting how few of us could answer these simple questions. This video will inform you.

What is a corporation?
How was this legal construct developed?
The history of the Corporation.

The Corporation

THE CORPORATION is a Canadian documentary film written by Joel Bakan, and directed by Mark Achbar and Jennifer Abbott. The documentary examines the modern-day corporation, considering its legal status as a class of person and evaluating its behavior towards society and the world at large as a psychiatrist might evaluate an ordinary person.

@jkn

House Science Committee Wants to Investigate a Government Scientist for Doing Science

How regulators work with politicians in USA.

I suspect corruption the largest USA problem.
compared to other places ??
I'm not surprised about Republican policy, when short term profit is in danger.

Chlorpyrifos - Wikipedia
Chlorpyrifos was used to control insect infestations of homes and commercial buildings in Europe until it was banned from sale in 2008.[75] Chlorpyrifos is restricted from termite control in Singapore as of 2009.[76] It was banned from residential use in South Africa as of 2010.[77] In 2010, India barred Dow from commercial activity for 5 years[78] after India’s Central Bureau of Investigation found Dow guilty of bribing Indian officials in 2007 to allow the sale of chlorpyrifos.[79]

In organic farming important nutrients are taken away from soil (P, Fe, Ca, K, Cu, Zn,...) and not returned. Until that leak has been fixed, it is not really sustainable solution.

While searching chlorpyrifos, I found: Råd&Rön - DDT och andra gifter i ekologisk olivolja
My Swedish is worse than my English, but I can read it: They studied 10 organic olive oils and found 3 of those contained chlorpyrifos. Highest 28,4 mikrogram/kg = 0,0284 ppm (Perhaps I should add: Olives grow in south Europe.)

Interesting how few of us could answer these simple questions. This video will inform you.

What is a corporation?
How was this legal construct developed?
The history of the Corporation.

The Corporation

THE CORPORATION is a Canadian documentary film written by Joel Bakan, and directed by Mark Achbar and Jennifer Abbott. The documentary examines the modern-day corporation, considering its legal status as a class of person and evaluating its behavior towards society and the world at large as a psychiatrist might evaluate an ordinary person.

It is treated as a class of person only because that allows re-use of existing laws that were originally applied to people. So generally laws which apply to people also apply to a corporation. This is fine.
There are further laws that we've made to specifically control corporations. If we're not happy how they're being controlled we can change and add laws.

As for defining a corporation as a psychopath (a common theme), you could also define a volcano or a melanoma as a pyschopath. It doesn't really make sense. Just because something operates with a mindless purpose doesn't make it evil, even if it kills.

The corporation is a useful legal structure which we need when we want to do things that require thousands of people to work together.

Reactions: jkn