Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, it's a long trip, but it's okay for us. We are used to long distances. Moreover, FSD Beta allows me to rest most of the time.

The charging infrastructure is very weak. There is a fast charging station between Taganrog and Simferopol only in Berdyansk. The condition of the roads is good, almost all roads have either been repaired or repairs will be completed soon.

What fast charging stations did you use? In Taganrog PlugShare shows none. There are at least a couple in theory along M-14 or adjacent to that, but no report of their functionality is posted since 2021, including the one in Berdyansk. PlugShare reports the stations in Simferopol as broken and/or closed at least since January.

If you could post the entirety of the video segment of that portion of the road trip, that would be helpful.

According to Russia's Federal State Statistics Service, the average yearly wage is just under $10,000 US dollars (73,709 Russian rubles per month x12). The U.S. is $60,000/year. No, "simple" employees can not afford any such mid-range car.

What has your leadership done to develop its people? What does Russia make and export to the world beyond what 3rd world countries do (petroleum products, other low end commodities, and weapons copied from the West)? What great things are made in Russia and exported from developed people?
To be fair, Russia did have a world class space program...

• Funny
Reactions: madodel
Yes, it's a long trip, but it's okay for us. We are used to long distances. Moreover, FSD Beta allows me to rest most of the time.

Tell me which photos you need, I'll be happy to do it.
@AlekseiNovikov
picture of car and VIN number
4,200 km round trip for a weekend trip is impressive, if you average 100kph that's 42 hours driving time

@AlekseiNovikov
4,200 km round trip for a weekend trip is impressive, if you average 100kph that's 42 hours driving time
And while you're at it @AlekseiNovikov, please take a foto of your screen with FSD Beta enabled. I remember that the first grey imports to Germany back when it wasn't sold here yet didn't even get any OTA updates, let alone had any geofenced features enabled.

What fast charging stations did you use? In Taganrog PlugShare shows none. There are at least a couple in theory along M-14 or adjacent to that, but no report of their functionality is posted since 2021, including the one in Berdyansk. PlugShare reports the stations in Simferopol as broken and/or closed at least since January.

If you could post the entirety of the video segment of that portion of the road trip, that would be helpful.
My drive allows me to store records for 2-3 days. PlugShare blocked access from Russia, we do not use this service. Below are screenshots from our national program.

IMG_4556.png

IMG_4557.png

@AlekseiNovikov
I will be happy to share with you a photo of my car that I took right now from the window.
IMG_4558.jpeg
I will not specify my VIN number. I have no confidence in your authorities. I am afraid that my car will be blocked or access to updates will be limited.
More than half of the roads on this route are fast, the average speed exceeds 100 km/h.

My drive allows me to store records for 2-3 days. PlugShare blocked access from Russia, we do not use this service. Below are screenshots from our national program.

Are these slow level 1 (common outlet/wall) and 2 chargers or are you still claiming these are fast (DC) chargers? PlugShare keeps them updated on our end and shows recent updates from Russian speakers in Ukrainian territory held by Russia with no evidence of functioning fast chargers in the area you claimed. You still haven't mentioned which ones you used.

How long was your trip?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
Are these slow level 1 (common outlet/wall) and 2 chargers or are you still claiming these are fast (DC) chargers? PlugShare keeps them updated on our end and shows recent updates from Russian speakers in Ukrainian territory held by Russia with no evidence of functioning fast chargers in the area you claimed. You still haven't mentioned which ones you used.

How long was your trip?
You're starting to bore me with your "I don't believe it." The CCS 2 fast station filter was enabled in the screenshots. Below is a link to the video, this is the last proof that I will send you. In the video, I shook the filter and zoomed in on the stations where I was charging. There is no point in watching PlugShare, only a few people use this app (probably 1 in 1000 people), it is not in the App Store, it does not work without a VPN.

Last edited:
...for example, the last weekend (national holidays April 27 - May 1) I was in the Crimea, I did not notice that life in this place is different from mine...

There is no point in using the bridge. The surface road is open for free movement. All roads along the overland route have been repaired.

With some challenges to you:

...The condition of the roads is good, almost all roads have either been repaired or repairs will be completed soon....

So they are repaired then later you say will be completed soon. 🤔

...The CCS 2 fast station filter was enabled in the screenshots...
This is a post of you charging in legal Russia. None of your posts including the latest here prove any in Ukrainian territory controlled by Russia were operable and used by you. Again, you still haven't mentioned which ones you used there, nor how long your reported trip was.

Despite your claim, the evidence continues to show life in that place IS different from yours. In addition to other claims you made, you can see why your credibility is doubtful and that further evidence is suggestive of your trolling.

• Informative
Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
You're starting to bore me with your "I don't believe it." The CCS 2 fast station filter was enabled in the screenshots. Below is a link to the video, this is the last proof that I will send you. In the video, I shook the filter and zoomed in on the stations where I was charging. There is no point in watching PlugShare, only a few people use this application (probably 1 out of 1000 people).

Ok, infrastructure is there, but with gas car google maps estimates 24h per direction, with EV a couple of hours more? Maybe you were swapping drivers every so and so hours. Quite a drive.

Anyways, I do believe life is mostly unaffected in many regions, as can be seen watching channels like 'Sanctioned Ivan', 'Eli From Russia' etc.

Last edited:
None of us have ever been challenged for our bona fides…even those who say quite controversial things. To challenge someone because they are not making controversial statements seems a little unfair.
The modus operandi has been that folks who have very limited (typically a few to no prior posts), then suddenly show up to a geopolitical thread like this are appropriately held to higher standards.

So they are repaired then later you say will be completed soon. 🤔
I think the online translator is distorting my thought. New roads are part of the way. Part of the way - the road is currently being repaired with a high degree of readiness.

Please do not forget that I use an online translator.

I think 4k km in a weekend is controversial enough to warrant a challenge ;)
This weekend, including two days off, was 7 days long

Ok, infrastructure is there, but with gas car google maps estimates 24h per direction, with EV a couple of hours more? Maybe you were swapping drivers every so and so hours. Quite a drive.
The journey takes about 18 hours, charging 3.5 hours.

And while you're at it @AlekseiNovikov, please take a foto of your screen with FSD Beta enabled. I remember that the first grey imports to Germany back when it wasn't sold here yet didn't even get any OTA updates, let alone had any geofenced features enabled.
I will record such a video for you tomorrow

Last edited:
Thanks for that. Here are more details:
This Presidential Drawdown Authority (PDA) package has an estimated value of $400 million and includes capabilities to support Ukraine's most urgent battlefield requirements:
  1. Additional munitions for Patriot air defense systems
  2. Additional munitions for National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile Systems (NASAMS)
  3. Stinger anti-aircraft missiles
  4. Equipment to integrate Western launchers, missiles, and radars with Ukraine's systems
  5. Additional High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems(HIMARS) and ammunition
  6. 155mm and 105mm artillery rounds
  7. Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicles
  8. M113 Armored Personnel Carriers
  9. Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicles
  10. Trailers to transport heavy equipment
  11. Tube-Launched, Optically-Tracked, Wire-Guided (TOW) missiles
  12. Javelin and AT-4 anti-armor systems
  13. Precision aerial munitions
  14. High-speed Anti-radiation missiles (HARMs)
  15. Small arms and additional rounds of small arms ammunition and grenades
  16. Demolitions munitions and equipment for obstacle clearing
  17. Coastal and riverine patrol boats
  18. Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear protective equipment
  19. Spare parts, training munitions, maintenance, and other ancillary equipment

Biden Administration Announces Additional Security Assistance for Ukraine

Today, the Department of Defense (DoD) announced additional security assistance to meet Ukraine's critical security and defense needs. This announcement is the Biden Administration's fifty-seventh tranche of equipment to be provided from DoD inventories for Ukraine since August 2021. This Presidential Drawdown Authority (PDA) package has an estimated value of $400 million and includes capabilities to support Ukraine's most urgent battlefield requirements, including air defense, artillery rounds, armored vehicles, and anti-tank weapons.

The capabilities in this announcement include:

• Additional munitions for Patriot air defense systems;
  • Additional munitions for National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile Systems (NASAMS);
  • Stinger anti-aircraft missiles;
  • Equipment to integrate Western launchers, missiles, and radars with Ukraine's systems;
  • Additional High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems(HIMARS) and ammunition;
  • 155mm and 105mm artillery rounds;
  • Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicles;
  • M113 Armored Personnel Carriers;
  • Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicles;
  • Trailers to transport heavy equipment;
  • Tube-Launched, Optically-Tracked, Wire-Guided (TOW) missiles;
  • Javelin and AT-4 anti-armor systems;
  • Precision aerial munitions;
  • High-speed Anti-radiation missiles (HARMs);
  • Small arms and additional rounds of small arms ammunition and grenades;
  • Demolitions munitions and equipment for obstacle clearing;
  • Coastal and riverine patrol boats;
  • Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear protective equipment; and
  • Spare parts, training munitions, maintenance, and other ancillary equipment.
The United States will continue to work together with some 50 Allies and partners to ensure Ukraine's brave defenders receive the critical capabilities needed to fight Russian aggression.

Also a PDF list of what the US has contributed to Ukraine since 2022:

Fact Sheet on U.S. Security Assistance to Ukraine May 10, 2024

Thanks for that. Here are more details:
This Presidential Drawdown Authority (PDA) package has an estimated value of $400 million and includes capabilities to support Ukraine's most urgent battlefield requirements:
  1. Additional munitions for Patriot air defense systems
  2. Additional munitions for National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile Systems (NASAMS)
  3. Stinger anti-aircraft missiles
  4. Equipment to integrate Western launchers, missiles, and radars with Ukraine's systems
  5. Additional High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems(HIMARS) and ammunition
  6. 155mm and 105mm artillery rounds
  7. Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicles
  8. M113 Armored Personnel Carriers
  9. Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicles
  10. Trailers to transport heavy equipment
  11. Tube-Launched, Optically-Tracked, Wire-Guided (TOW) missiles
  12. Javelin and AT-4 anti-armor systems
  13. Precision aerial munitions
  14. High-speed Anti-radiation missiles (HARMs)
  15. Small arms and additional rounds of small arms ammunition and grenades
  16. Demolitions munitions and equipment for obstacle clearing
  17. Coastal and riverine patrol boats
  18. Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear protective equipment
  19. Spare parts, training munitions, maintenance, and other ancillary equipment

I notice a lot of M113s have been going to Ukraine lately. The US must be clearing out the depot of these old infantry vehicles. I would guess they are probably pretty easy to bring back into service. They are pretty simple designs. Basically a box on treads.

I would like to see the US get some of the M163s back from Chile. Chile has a lot of them. The M163 is an M113 chassis with the Vulcan 20mm cannon from the F-4 Phantom and a radar dish. It would be a very cheap to feed anti-drone system. The Gepard has proven its worth, but the ammunition for it is in short supply. US 20mm cannon ammunition is cheap and easy to come by.

The US retired the last M163 in the early 1990s, but Chile has something like 900 of them.