Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen Changes with New Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Is there a way to revert the screen settings to before the new update. The map is WAY TOO SMALL now and there is no reason that the screen with the car needs to be as big as it is.

Really upset about this update, help!

Thanks
There is no way to roll it back. You’re stuck with it for now.

Hopefully they address this in a future update.

Nah, not around the corner, but perhaps in the next few months.

Meanwhile, there are badly thought out and/or inadequately QA'ed changes to the layout which need to be fixed, and fixed quickly.

I'm pretty sure we're closer than you think. Elon tweeted out they're working out bugs for release not too long ago. Unless that tweet was about the holiday update.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
Don't they test these updates? No one saw the change to the car visualization vs. map proportions before rollout? You just let the code monkeys do whatever they want?

C'mon Tesla... you can do better than that!

My daughter drove my MY for the first time this afternoon, her first comment when I was going over the controls with her was "why is the car screen so large", it's a waste".

Reactions: wasloan
Frankly, in its current form, I’d like the ability to turn off the car display on the left side. It’s just eye candy. Meanwhile, I have to reach clear across the display to choose a preset. And by the way, why is the right-most preset only half displayed and dimmed? And what’s the deal with the PRND all a similar shade of gray (and ridiculously small) making it close to impossible to tell which gear you’re in? The parking brake indicator moved from the upper right to lower left, hidden by the wheel. Finally, every other Tesla lets the max charge slider “snap” to the edge of “Trip” for 88-90%. In the Y, it snaps to an area just to the left.

383F6011-34D8-44B3-9183-28F894A7D03C.jpeg
186C2685-91E3-4959-A74B-CEA6130EB978.jpeg
C54E8CF9-5573-4CA8-B1B2-51DB54B1C252.jpeg
4C84F075-9DF3-4C8C-911E-F61E04C5AB32.jpeg

Reactions: am_dmd and wasloan
Is there a way to revert the screen settings to before the new update. The map is WAY TOO SMALL now and there is no reason that the screen with the car needs to be as big as it is.
LOL, I was lucky, my MY got delivered on 12/29, few days ago, but did not have the Christmas update. I then wanted to update but decided to watch youtube before I pull the trigger. The moment I saw the map real estate got much smaller, I decided not to do it. The map is very important for me, I don't care much about games. To be honest, I like the current portion of the car screen and map screen. Perfectly size. Don't change anything, Tesla :)

My biggest concern is that the proportion of distance between adjacent cars in the real world is smaller than what it represents in the screen. I did a bunch of tests and the left hand side showed widely non-overlapping car lengths in the screen while they have barely any clearance in reality. I’d like them to calibrate that better, before I’d check screen then double check mirrors before a lane change. Now my head is on a swivel and getting extra extra clearance as I don’t feel I can trust the display.
I am not saying the car and autopilot algorithms think other cars are not where they are. I have a hunch that this is an artifact of displayed model proportions and perspective. But if anything it should err on the side of showing less clearance vs. More

• Helpful
Reactions: Luau26
How big was the map display in your previous car? The MY display map is absolutely GINORMOUS compared to the ~8" in my previous car.

How big is the display on your phone? The MY display map is HUGE compared to the ~6" on my iPhone.

I find it funny, but not surprising, how people could read things fine on their displays before the previous update and now they're nearly completely blind. (Yeah... Maybe you shouldn't be driving since you probably can't read any signs. :rolleyes:)

Hi all,

Really upset about this update, help!

Thanks

I want to be able to zoom-in on the map, to make it easier to see/read...and still have the map move with the car (as opposed to getting stuck on whatever I zoomed-in on).

If you adjust map using the" two finger pinch & zoom" the map will not move with the car. However, if you zoom in with the + or - buttons that are on the right side of map, then the map will move with the car. You may have to tap the map screen once to show the buttons.

Haven't tried with the latest version, but has always worked this way in the past.

• Love
  • Helpful
Reactions: Reborn and wasloan