Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Toyota is at ATHs this year

If Elon tweeted less and worked harder* at Tesla we'd already have the 25k car in production and they'd sell significantly more than 2.5M is my thought.

*and wasn't constantly convinced RTs WILL BE FULLY READY ANY SECOND AND EVERY ONE WILL REPLACE 5-10 NORMAL CARS after being wrong year after year
Was Toyota at ATH during the chip shortage or was their stock getting hammered? Tesla benefited while everyone else suffered, now everything is reverting back the mean.

Was Toyota at ATH during the chip shortage or was their stock getting hammered?

Yes-run up to ATHs during that same pandemic period. And they're higher still today than they were at the previous ATHs around when Tesla made theirs.

Maybe check your facts...like ever... before replying?

Tesla benefited while everyone else suffered, now everything is reverting back the mean.

Factually untrue.

Well, the whole Musk discussion really needs to be over a few good beers together, so I'm not going to perpetuate it from my side or argue the toss, I said what I think and appreciate the civil discourse we're able to have here

Now, as for the stock, no surprise to see a pullback today, but where are we headed?

Max pain snuck up to 180 for the week, but it's currently put dominated and the call wall moved up to 185

1716387153269.png

Last edited:
My dad’s TDA account recently turned into Charles Schwab and now he is getting charged a bunch of extra fees for the significant amount of shorts in his portfolio. Can anyone recommend a brokerage that has fees, or lack of, similar to TDA Ameritrade?
Margin thresholds could be different, but fees shouldn’t be higher..except possibly the margin % fee could be slightly higher, so they might have upped the contribution amount due to their higher margin debt level.. I don’t track it though.

i just pulled up what seems like a most recent chart of fees, and the SCHW margin debt fees are LOWER than TDA WAS..

Could it be that he got a credit in the transfer and then a debit from SCHW? I had a bunch of odd locking journal entries that were basically credit A, then debit B, but end result was same.

Am I in the wrong thread BTW? ;-(

Last edited:
If Elon tweeted less and worked harder* at Tesla we'd already have the 25k car in production and they'd sell significantly
You mean like sleep on factory floor? You can be brushing your teeth, taking a dump and brain can still be working on a problem.

25k car is delayed because 4680 is not ramping as expected. If interest rates weren't this high, maybe Tesla could have fully utilized current 3/Y capacity.

Can't blame just Elon for everything. cheers!!

You mean like sleep on factory floor? You can be brushing your teeth, taking a dump and brain can still be working on a problem.

25k car is delayed because 4680 is not ramping as expected. If interest rates weren't this high, maybe Tesla could have fully utilized current 3/Y capacity.

Can't blame just Elon for everything. cheers!!

Yeah the interest rate thing is another factually untrue narrative.

Total vehicle price today, even at 8% interest are lower than they were during peak pricing. By a lot.

As to 4680 not ramping- maybe Elon paying more attention at Tesla could've done something about that? I hear he knows a bit about engineering.

Wondering if to take the opportunity to cut the -C190 6/28 I opened for $6.50 yesterday here ~$7.00 and wait and see.
$180 may act as support now so maybe wise to cut.
Has bounced off and resisted at $181 a few times already...

Resisting the urge to roll up -p170 to -p180, which is the sort of thing I often do and end up regretting...

Total vehicle price today, even at 8% interest are lower than they were during peak pricing. By a lot.
That may be, but the phycological issues around high interest rates were obviously there. (As seen by Tesla removing the discounts and replacing them with 0.99% interest on the Model Y; which appears to have increased demand, even though the payment is likely higher than it was with the discount and higher interest rate.)

Seems like STO -C260 1/2025 for $10.50 can make sense (for shares with CB of $240) since we can expect gyrations between now and January (187-170-200-170-208-180-237-220-etc.) giving plenty opportunity for theta burn and chance to close at 80-90% somewhere along the way, or roll.

Does that make any sense?

Reactions: BornToFly
That may be, but the phycological issues around high interest rates were obviously there. (As seen by Tesla removing the discounts and replacing them with 0.99% interest on the Model Y; which appears to have increased demand, even though the payment is likely higher than it was with the discount and higher interest rate.)

I don't believe the math there is correct... dropping from 7-8% interest to 0.99% is a much larger discount than the 3k inventory discounts for the customer...

50k at 0.99 is $1268.33 in interest over 60 months.
Same thing at 7.99% is 10,814.83 in interest... even at 6.99% it's still $9389.44

So 0.99% is effectively an 8-9 thousand dollar price cut for customers fully financing. Even with a modest downpayments or trade in it's a much larger savings than inventory discounts were.

Plus Tesla is having to eat the cost of buying down the loan.

Offering 0.99% when prices were higher- if interest rates were really the problem, would've been the way to go. Doing it only now, after already large price cuts, is just slashing margin and hoping to get back to last years sales totals. Not great.

Was Toyota at ATH during the chip shortage or was their stock getting hammered? Tesla benefited while everyone else suffered, now everything is reverting back the mean.
I wish it were simply a reversion to the mean; Elon's key assumption of consumers price elasticity...that lowering price would disproportionately increase volume...has not materialized. Anti-Tesla sentiment is real...and I can't help but see Elon as the face of it. I think he can, and probably will, do better. Can't expect the average consumer to be adequately informed and logical.

Reactions: MikeC and Max Plaid
I think I caught a glimpse of where this is headed. This is a very very bullish triangle consolidation in SPY, but the catch is it happens only before the last wave in a trend. So SPY is about to spike huge from here but rug pull comes after
View attachment 1049557

Back to TSLA, we've seen wave 123, now 4 in process and 5 should happen as SPY spikes.
View attachment 1049560

How soon are we expecting the spike? Next week? Thank dl003