Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now in Australia we have a significant number of solar installer companies advertising Tesla Powerwalls, and installing them. This exposure will disappear overnight if Tesla brings SolarCity in as the sole provider. Those same companies in a matter of hours instead of being Tesla's friend will slam Tesla's model and will compete with alternative suppliers.
UNfortunately, these companies are all putting 50% - 100% markups on the Powerwall. This is sharply contrary to Tesla's mission. I'm afraid Tesla has to start selling direct in order to get the pricing right. I wouldn't have believed that if I hadn't seen it happen.

These companies can't compete if they use alternative suppliers, because none of the alternative battery suppliers can offer the product as cheaply, so forget that.

I don't see value in the installation business, but I think in order to avoid the egregious markups and "integration" costs, Tesla is going to have to sell a "kit" with all the pieces: battery, inverter, panels, installation instructions.

This stock is just hopeless, cannot hold up on its gains even one day. Down trend continues!
nope! downtrend is in the process of being reversed albeit we will know with some degree of confidence by the end of the week and with a great deal of certainty by the end of month based on technical analysis of TSLA chart. you see TSLA is going nowhere fast for a very good reason: high beta growth stocks go through secular uptrends lasting months to years followed by long periods of sideways basing which may last several months or even years. then they again take off based on catalysts. TSLA is no different. the minute you throw in the towel this thing will take off like a rocket
this is how markets work they frustrate the max # investors

Reactions: Runarbt
nope! downtrend is in the process of being reversed albeit we will know with some degree of confidence by the end of the week and with a great deal of certainty by the end of month based on technical analysis of TSLA chart. you see TSLA is going nowhere fast for a very good reason: high beta growth stocks go through secular uptrends lasting months to years followed by long periods of sideways basing which may last several months or even years. then they again take off based on catalysts. TSLA is no different.
this is how markets work they frustrate the max # investors

You can't borrow shares to vote them, outside of a very specific set of circumstances. If you want to vote them, you have to be the owner of record on the record date.
It is theoretically possible to borrow shares to vote them. This is not a service offered by retail brokerages, but it is *theoretically possible* if some very big operator is making a special arrangement with JP Morgan or Goldman Sachs. Yes, it's a pretty paranoid speculation.

I think this TSLA+SCTY merger really depends on institutional investors, they hold ~65% of all the outstanding shares. Given Musk recused his ~23% of all the shares from voting. It comes down to how the institutional investors will vote. And it has been awfully quite on their sides as well, FMR llc, holding ~11%, has not disclosed/hinted how they will vote, I think if FMR llc OKs this merger, there is a very high likelihood this will go through.
One of the Fidelity (FMR) fund managers is *gung ho in favor* of the merger (Fidelity OTC). I think the committee which decides on voting would not want to cross this fund manager by voting against the merger. He'd probably be quite mad if they did.

One of Tesla's Biggest Investors Throws Support Behind SolarCity Deal

SolarCity's 45 day 'Go shop' period ends on September 14th, exactly one week from now. Tesla has already filed S-4 vetted by some of the best law firms to do this type of job. SEC would not comment or ask for any further clarification until 14th.

Given this background, is Tesla required to disclose back-and-forth conversation with SEC? is there any specific form towards that end? Or, should we expect a series of amended S-4s?

Unless I'm mistaken, the terms agreed to by both parties are pretty much set in stone. Right?

How about when we see it?

Professor, please let me know when you expect to see it. I am sitting on a good deal of investable cash.

Recently, FB has been a much better stock to trade, own and option. I

So, I would like to get back into trading TSLA and buying some more core shares. I am waiting for the steak.
I, like many here, have heard the sizzle and watched better investments pass us by over the last two years.

IIRC it is the worse performing FATMAN
Stock over the last two years.

Yes, it will better the other stocks in that group eventually....Just tell us when, if you know

If you read the article, you will realize that you are wrong. The author has the sequence of events correct.

You read too much into the headline. He delayed that blog post, he later attacked Wall Street. The "instead" refers to him attacking instead of finishing off the delayed blog post.

By the way, is the weekend over yet?

Is there a blog post or have there been other posts/tweets/leaked emails that attack Wall Street?

And if you really read the article and understood what the author is implying, it is simply incorrect. From the headline, it misconstrues that instead of writing the blog post over the 9/2 weekend , Elon bashes Wall Street "instead" by writing that employee email. Well, the email was already sent on 8/29 (containing the purported WS bashing) . How in your drivin' mad mind is that sequence of events correct?

SolarCity's 45 day 'Go shop' period ends on September 14th, exactly one week from now. Tesla has already filed S-4 vetted by some of the best law firms to do this type of job. SEC would not comment or ask for any further clarification until 14th.

Given this background, is Tesla required to disclose back-and-forth conversation with SEC? is there any specific form towards that end? Or, should we expect a series of amended S-4s?
Yes, all SEC correspondence will be disclosed. Look for filings named CORRESP and UPLOAD. There will also be Form S-4/A accompanying the responses (where they are amending the filings to conform to the SEC comments).

Manage your spending and hit your dates and deliveries and all the fud and short shenanigans are meaningless. Can they deliver 25,000 cars, or close. Will TE start ramping. Will we start seeing some of the 300 test cars soon. I guess this is the short term thread, but the stock will break out when TSLA delivers. The shorts will get their due when TSLA bullies them with results.

So let's say Tesla pulls off GAAP profitability and cash flow positive-- Elon sure sounds pretty convincing, and has quite a bit on the line here. This would have to be pretty positive for share price, right? Profitable, with record setting deliveries. We could drift a little further down this month before serious buyers step in. The letter and the conference call pretty much lay it all out IMO.

In the Q2 call, it seemed like they were aiming for non-GAAP profitability for 2H16. In Elon's e-mail, he states GAAP profitability and cash flow positive are definitely within reach. Is there any chance Elon meant to write non-GAAP instead of GAAP profitable? The Q2 call where they said non-GAAP and e-mail where he said GAAP were less than a month apart I believe.

Does anyone have a wild guess as to how many inventory/loaners/showroom/etc cars could be offloaded in Q3 vs say Q2? I wonder how many of these cars they shed in Q4 last year.

Last edited:
So according to Autoblog Tesla sent them a statement that Autopilot was not engaged at any point of the drive cycle and the vehicle exceeded 155kph.

Did the battery really fly out of a Tesla Model S during crash in Holland? [UPDATE]

Why am I not surprised? Every article that said or suggested Autopilot was active failed to provide any source, and almost every article implied or explicitly stated the ludicrous claim that the police and Tesla looking into (investigating) the incident meant Autopilot must have been active. :rolleyes:

Any bets on how many newspapers will publish an article clarifying the matter, and/or correct their prior remarks to reflect reality?

Reactions: Yuri_G
Why am I not surprised? Every article that said or suggested Autopilot was active failed to provide any source, and almost every article implied or explicitly stated the ludicrous claim that the police and Tesla looking into (investigating) the incident meant Autopilot must have been active. :rolleyes:

Any bets on how many newspapers will publish an article clarifying the matter, and/or correct their prior remarks to reflect reality?

No. Most media outlets won't report it. They've already had their bait click headlines...

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: madodel and AndreN
Status
Not open for further replies.