Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SiriusXM on Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two weeks ago I installed a new 1622932-00-A on my 2021 MY LR. I've been holding off writing about it because I wanted to make sure it was working. Installed it per the directions and put the antenna on the "metal shelf" that @WhiteOnWhiteMY described in SiriusXM on Model Y.

After connecting the new radio up, but without connecting the Sirius antenna, I made sure everything was good by trying the FM radio and it worked. Then connected up the antenna, did a two button reboot, and I had Sirius as a source! Selected it and it worked. The radio has been working fine with the subscription that it previously had. I do have a few small foliage related dropouts in areas where by wife's MKZ doesn't, but not enough for me to try relocating the antenna.

Two weeks ago I installed a new 1622932-00-A on my 2021 MY LR. I've been holding off writing about it because I wanted to make sure it was working. Installed it per the directions and put the antenna on the "metal shelf" that @WhiteOnWhiteMY described in SiriusXM on Model Y.

After connecting the new radio up, but without connecting the Sirius antenna, I made sure everything was good by trying the FM radio and it worked. Then connected up the antenna, did a two button reboot, and I had Sirius as a source! Selected it and it worked. The radio has been working fine with the subscription that it previously had. I do have a few small foliage related dropouts in areas where by wife's MKZ doesn't, but not enough for me to try relocating the antenna.

Where did you source the new tuner from? I want one but can’t find one for sale anywhere.

Where did you source the new tuner from? I want one but can’t find one for sale anywhere.
Ebay. I'm sure I over paid, but I have one. I didn't want to wait forever or try the Tesla parts counter route which may or may not work.

I also should have put new in quotes because it has a current subscription so I'm doubting the new part of it. I'm hoping that the current subscription goes long enough to cover the amount I overpaid.

Reactions: CuriousWren
Ebay. I'm sure I over paid, but I have one. I didn't want to wait forever or try the Tesla parts counter route which may or may not work.

I also should have put new in quotes because it has a current subscription so I'm doubting the new part of it. I'm hoping that the current subscription goes long enough to cover the amount I overpaid.
Lucky! Mine showed as active when I installed it, but as soon as it phoned home, the subscription got deleted! You can probably still get the three month free trial since your VIN didn't have sirius prior to.

• Informative
Reactions: CapsEngineer
Created a service request and specified “parts only” and that I wanted to order 1622932-00-B. Also provided a Model S VIN I found on Carmax. Haven’t heard back yet. Is this the best way to try and obtain a new tuner directly from Tesla? I’ve only seen one tuner available on eBay so far, and it is grossly overpriced compared to purchasing it new from Tesla.

Created a service request and specified “parts only” and that I wanted to order 1622932-00-B. Also provided a Model S VIN I found on Carmax. Haven’t heard back yet. Is this the best way to try and obtain a new tuner directly from Tesla? I’ve only seen one tuner available on eBay so far, and it is grossly overpriced compared to purchasing it new from Tesla.
Yeah, at the moment, it's the best way to get one if you can get Tesla to sell you one. Unfortunately, parts recyclers might have caught on to how quickly this component sells.

Reactions: PoitNarf
Yeah, at the moment, it's the best way to get one if you can get Tesla to sell you one. Unfortunately, parts recyclers might have caught on to how quickly this component sells.
Thanks! First appointment for my local service center wasn’t until July when I first scheduled. Just was able to reschedule for 2 weeks out instead. Hopefully that gets me a speedier response.

Thanks! First appointment for my local service center wasn’t until July when I first scheduled. Just was able to reschedule for 2 weeks out instead. Hopefully that gets me a speedier response.
Have you considered just driving up and seeing if you can speak to the parts counter? This typically gets me much further than if I just waited, etc. Some SC hide their parts team (kinda wild IMO) while others will freely let you chat with them!

Have you considered just driving up and seeing if you can speak to the parts counter? This typically gets me much further than if I just waited, etc. Some SC hide their parts team (kinda wild IMO) while others will freely let you chat with them!
I will go that route if necessary, but the service center is 30 minutes away and I’ve got two young kids, so not that easy for me to just drive there to check.

Reactions: WhiteOnWhiteMY
Just chiming in to add my experience after purchasing my MYP in March. I placed a parts only order for 1622932-00-B in the app and approved the cost shortly after. Luckily, my mom has a MX that I drive occasionally so it shows up in my Tesla app and I was able to submit the order under that VIN. Picked up the tuner once it got to the shop, no questions asked.

Install was a breeze! Placed the antenna between the metal shelf and rear window as referenced in other parts of this thread. Everything is hidden and has been working perfectly the whole time!

Question: Does anyone know if everything continues to work the the major Spring update that's been rolling out? I have not received it yet.

Reactions: CapsEngineer