Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@SoCal Jimmy I didn't use your guy I used Aaron and made the stupid pass decision, had I used yours you would have certainly gotten a referral for me. I wish there was still a deal out there but Aaron told me likely nothing left.
No worries. I wasn't complaining and it's not those that used Aaron either.
On a side note, there's been a couple cars this week, so while it's far and in between, you still have a chance to grab something.

Wonder if new capital raise for lease financing will mean finally tolerable lease deals.
Your situation has nothing to do with Tesla and how they have the lease structured, it is your state's taxes on a lease that makes it not tolerable. Other manufacturers get around it through "credits" or some other way. TX taxes are the same way and there are a few handful of others as well.

Your situation has nothing to do with Tesla and how they have the lease structured, it is your state's taxes on a lease that makes it not tolerable. Other manufacturers get around it through "credits" or some other way. TX taxes are the same way and there are a few handful of others as well.
BUT I got a zero down Lexus lease in GA. So tesla could configure certain states different to help.

BUT I got a zero down Lexus lease in GA. So tesla could configure certain states different to help.
As I said, other manufacturers get around certain states taxes on leases with "credits" or some other hand-waving hocus-pocus "tricks" but remember Tesla is still a fairly niche manufacturer and either can't or won't be able to do similar things. At least not anytime soon.

Believe me, I feel your pain, TX is the same way. I would have been all over the 2 year leases until the Model 3 comes out, but having to pay about $5k in taxes for that 2 years of use is not a wise financial move.

LOL!!! I can see it already.

Honestly, I'm just happy to help everyone out. I was asked by so many on how I'm connected to Tesla. But I'm not. I'm just a car fanatic that came across an amazing deal that others could also benefit from. I've PM'd, texted and chatted on the phone with fellow members from all over the US in these last two weeks.

As for referrals, I picked up a couple. Just happy to get anything in return from Tesla. Getting to 5 would be an awesome treat but not holding my breath on making it there.

I must say though, A few members worked with my OA and then took those deals back to their local OA for ordering. That's who I feel bad for. The guy goes through the hassle of finding the car, providing the numbers and then doesn't get the credit for the sale in the end. It is what it is.

Thanks again guys!

Oh what the hell, one last shameless plug: http://ts.la/larry4504

Well I put in a deposit on one that your OA found for me so if it goes through expect another referral credit!

Got this for GAP coverage:

"The lease does not include GAP insurance, but it does have GAP protection included. If the vehicle is totaled, and we receive an insurance settlement under your policy that complies with the insurance coverage required with the lease, you will not owe an early end liability. If the settlement is less than the adjusted lease balance, you will owe the difference (GAP) up to the amount of your insurance deductible plus any other amounts that have not been paid at the time of the settlement (monthly payments already due, any fees and taxes at lease end). We will credit you for any excess of the insurance settlement over the adjusted lease balance."

I'm not sure if that makes me comfortable enough.... Thoughts?