Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX Starship - IFT-3 - Starbase TX - Pre-Launch Preparations Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And right now there is one person on the ship QD doing something with cables. Over the past few months I would have thought SpaceX would have done everything to the QD necessary to have it ready for re-stacking. But now in daylight I see that there appears to be some scaffolding out on the end of the QD arm.

IMG_0620.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: scaesare
And right now there is one person on the ship QD doing something with cables. Over the past few months I would have thought SpaceX would have done everything to the QD necessary to have it ready for re-stacking. But now in daylight I see that there appears to be some scaffolding out on the end of the QD arm.

View attachment 1017359

I think the continuous improvement method they follow, means that work on something may not always be correcting/repairing/"standard operations" and may often be tweaking/improving (well hopefully improving...)

S28 was stacked last night. Given there is no launch license yet, so no great urgency, why does SpaceX chose to do this in the middle of the night?
I'd guess that everyone and everything was in place for the stack, so they just kept at it until it was completed. They may also have plans for the SPMTs today.

Over the past few months I would have thought SpaceX would have done everything to the QD necessary to have it ready for re-stacking. But now in daylight I see that there appears to be some scaffolding out on the end of the QD arm.
The first real test comes when they connect the thing to a Starship. If there are misalignment issues, adjustments and so forth, then they're going to have to fiddle with it. Hopefully, there won't be any further work needed when they start loading operations.

Reactions: zoomer0056
S28 has been destacked.

Perhaps it was stacked to test how the ship QD arm fit after work had been done on it, and now SpaceX is preparing for booster tanking tests leading up to a static fire?

Some thought it may be work on the clamps.... saw one comment that there was apparently "sawing" being performed on one of them...

1707750437916.png

(also learned a new word: fettling)