Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotted in Australia and New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
193974.jpg

New Zealand KLZ21

It probably is what the previous answers have said. It's also possible it's for the same reason I had my S debadged at the factory, which was that I didn't like battery size as a designator. The logic being that I expected in the life of the vehicle that it may well change. That now seems less likely for the reasons I'd imagined (battery degradation and replacement) but ironically now happens a lot more for completely different reasons (upgrading software limited models) :) I also just like the cleaner look at the back with just 'Model S'.
Thanks Lennier. I had actually wondered if it meant it was a Tesla demo vehicle and they would put the badge on when it was sold given the battery capacity might be changed depending on what the new owner wanted. Your logic also makes sense.

Different supercharger plug, not likely.

Good point, but it's pre-Autopilot so it's not from Australia (unless it's an Australian former Signature not an actual Signature) and there were no Signatures in the U.K. but it is RHD but the plate mount is not standard HK size, it looks Japanese size.

So it's either an Australian former Signature or from HK or Japan.

If it's from Japan it could still be charged from NZ's extensive CHAdeMO network as well as J1772.

Good point, but it's pre-Autopilot so it's not from Australia (unless it's an Australian former Signature not an actual Signature) and there were no Signatures in the U.K. but it is RHD but the plate mount is not standard HK size, it looks Japanese size.

So it's either an Australian former Signature or from HK or Japan.

If it's from Japan it could still be charged from NZ's extensive CHAdeMO network as well as J1772.

The mystery deepens: The car is listed as having U.K. as the country of origin but there were no U.K. Signatures (apparently):

Someone in UK said The Signature option has been withdrawn in the UK

It has a VIN around 800 lower than the first Australian Signature VINs.

And that plate mount, it sure looks Japan spec. I have never seen that shaped plate mount on the front of a UK or HK Model S.

The mystery deepens: The car is listed as having U.K. as the country of origin but there were no U.K. Signatures (apparently):

Someone in UK said The Signature option has been withdrawn in the UK

It has a VIN around 800 lower than the first Australian Signature VINs.

And that plate mount, it sure looks Japan spec. I have never seen that shaped plate mount on the front of a UK or HK Model S.
This car was listed for sale on Trade Me Motors at NZ$130,000 down from $150,000 only 10,000km and they said it was ex Japan. The listing was only up for a few days and has now been removed or maybe sold.

• Informative
Reactions: LGGD