Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stanphyl Capital and Mark Spiegel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
THanks.

The main punch lines:

"For all of 2019 the fund was down 6.5% while the S&P 500 was up 31.5% and the Russell 2000 was up 25.5%.Since inception on June 1, 2011 the fund is up 53.7% net while the S&P 500 is up 187.5% and the Russell 2000 is up 121.8%.Since inception the fund has compounded at 5.1% net annually vs.13.1% for the S&P 500and9.7% for the Russell 2000."

"our recent non-TSLA shorts were profitable, as NFLX, SQ, W,NVTA and ROKU were all down since we shorted them; only CVNA wasn’t, so I suppose if anyone wants to hire me to run a short portfolio excluding auto-related businesses connected with securities fraudsters, I’m your man!"

Notice when he talks about the fund's returns, it is now missing the critically important "net of fees" disclaimer.

Reactions: bhzmark
how do people not get their money out of that fund? would you leave it there
The handful of people still "invested" in this tiny fund aren't there for the returns, they're there for precisely ** THIS **. We are sitting here discussing his talking points as if they exist in some version of reality.

It's fossil interests(or related) looking to create doubt in TSLA and sustainable society in general. For the low price of between 5% and -5% per year, their message get tons and tons of visibility and Spiegel doesn't have to get a real job. It's actually a quite fascinating and ingenious setup. Far cheaper and more effective than actually paying a PR firm to spread FUD directly.

I confess I sometimes enjoy his tweets when they are non Tesla.

upload_2020-10-18_22-49-47.png