Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Won't work for me anyhow, I park in to a space that the car is saying stop for 50% of the reversing....unless of course you can control the side distance to objects to around 5-10cm's (on the close side) and around 50cm's on the side between that and my wife's car....if these adjustment can't be made I'll just need to park manually anyhow.

-ECIT

Heath Walker tweet today, so yep, it's legit. As to how long we'll have to wait for the new version, well... we'll see!

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

Summon feature will appear when your car has the update and is capable of summon. My app has the summon button, but if I log out and log into Dad's car (which hasn't got the update yet) then the button does not appear.

This is really a source of great joy to me.... I think we should crack open the champagne!

Here's to Tesla!!!

I am soo pleased.

After all the negative comments that we were so quick to post when we were deprived this feature, you really have to hand it to Tesla... They seem to be battling not just at the forefront of technology but also at the forefront of legislation. From their ability to sell cars directly to US citizens to autonomous driving in Australia. So there you have it. Seems the Aussie powers that be didn't like the summons from the key fob. So Tesla rejigged it to summon from the app... And just for the Aussies! Now that is really something special. Well done Heath Walker and the whole Tesla Aussie establishment... I will sleep really well tonight!

I wonder what "tight" clearance is in regards to the 'side clearance' in cm's? When I am reversing my car I am about 5-10cm's at most away from the passenger side of the car to the wall and about 50cm's away from my wife's car....I like it this way so we can walk between the cars....I am assuming summon simply won't work for me in this case...at best it'll park the car with around 28-30cm's clearance to both sides.

I was hoping that we could 'train' the car with some locations (such as ones home garage) so that we could teach the car to be very close on one side.....even then I assume it wont work for me as I wish to be less than 10cm's away on one side of the car to the wall which triggers the car to continually say "stop"....

-ECIT