Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Beaumont, TX - Walden Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting- they didn’t put parking stops in this one.
And I came perilously close to backing into the charger tonight. They should add concrete stops in.

The far south most four stalls are still not working. I watched a MY back in, then move to another stall. He just hadn’t noticed the lights were not on in those four stalls.

Otherwise, a great location. Just off I-10, plenty of eateries and near lodging.

Reactions: AudreyHTX1
And I came perilously close to backing into the charger tonight. They should add concrete stops in.

The far south most four stalls are still not working. I watched a MY back in, then move to another stall. He just hadn’t noticed the lights were not on in those four stalls.

Otherwise, a great location. Just off I-10, plenty of eateries and near lodging.
I was looking at photos of the Estes Park supercharger recently, and one of the chargers was definitely leaning back. That site doesn’t have parking stops either!
It doesn’t have any protection at all. This Beaumont location appears to have a kind of bumper at the base of each signpost that sits forward of the charger itself.

I was looking at photos of the Estes Park supercharger recently, and one of the chargers was definitely leaning back. That site doesn’t have parking stops either!
It doesn’t have any protection at all. This Beaumont location appears to have a kind of bumper at the base of each signpost that sits forward of the charger itself.
Looks like they added parking stops a couple of years later, so maybe they will be added here.

Reactions: theothertom

When I charged there on September 14, the parking stops were not installed. Now, all stalls are operating and each has a concrete stop.

BTW, making a return trip from Florida. Our family reunion ended at the right time, though I am a bit concerned for some of my family who live in Central Florida.

This is awesome. I was coming back from Florida in an M3 that we rented on Turo and we had a stop in Beaumont as a halfway point and didn't realize there weren't any adequate chargers so I had to turn off Century mode and hoped there wasn't any traffic in Houston to the next supercharger. The car didn't come with a trickle charger so we could only supercharge on our trip. I'm making a trip back to Beaumont this week in an MY from Turo and then finally I'll have a decision on which one I want to buy.