Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Supercharger - Cincinnati, OH (Marburg Ave.)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw the new EA install going in recently as well. Cincy gas station chains must really be behind the times if EA is ending up at Meijer too. These Meijer fast charging locations suck for roadtrips. Off the highway, through a huge parking lot, no easily accessibly amenities. In PA and up north in Ohio we have Sheetz, GetGo putting fast chargers in which is a far better experience. Grocery store locations make sense for in-town drivers without home charging, so it's nice that they exist, but Cincinnati (and Indiana and Kentucky) desperately need some V3s at places like UDF and Thorntons as well.
One of the big reasons Meijer hosts superchargers throughout the mid west is that one of their former high level traveling employees was an early adopter and convinced the CEO to make his tours of the Meijer circuit easier. The CEO (and owner) also ponied up for two Tesla's. Meijer was also involved in the Semi as they wanted all the positives that offered.
You and I travel differently: I love the Meier locations as they offer fresh items as well as baked goods, etc. Bathrooms are clean and chargers are generally off away from heavy traffic; Marburg may be an exception, as I recall. Anyway, I tend not to be in a hurry when I travel: it takes two days from NW OH to FL regardless of how fast/slow I drive so I cruise at 75 and don't mind the little adventures.
My first ever charging experience was at Meijer in Maumee where I had met the Meijer employee and he regaled me with Tesla Tidbits. Sorry you don't enjoy the Meijer experience.

Visited Marburg Ave. Monday night around 9PM and noticed how worn out the plugs were, getting thrown to ground and dragged? Limited to 70kW after a short burst of 120kW. Changed stalls thinking CuO on connectors was to blame, only to see the same type of deposits and physical wear on the new one.

Tesla lists it as 12x 250kW and 10x 150kW bays, next time I will try my luck on the far side of the transformer, hoping those will be the 250kW units.

Last edited:
Visited Marburg Ave. Monday night around 9PM and noticed how worn out the plugs were, getting thrown to ground and dragged? Limited to 70kW after a short burst of 120kW. Changed stalls thinking CuO on connectors was to blame, only to see the same type of deposits and physical wear on the new one.

Tesla lists it as 12x 250kW and 10x 150kW bays, next time I will try my luck on the far side of the transformer, hoping those will be the 250kW units.
The ones farthest from the store are the newest ones. That site used to be 10 I believe and they added another 12 later after closing blue ash to the public. Imo mason or Lebanon are in dire need of a supercharger.

Check the cable size if nothing else: the original 150kW cords are thick; the newer 250kW cables are thinner. That is about the only reliable way to tell, I believe, unless they are marked as they are in Rolling Meadows, IL. There they have labels atop each post with kW listed. London, KY; Lexington, KY and other places one must rely on size of the cable

• Helpful
Reactions: Acps110