Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hickory, NC - NC-127

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20230525_170447.jpg

20230525_170540.jpg

First? 😄

I've actually been using it as the test drive stop for customer vehicles now, since it's closer than the other one to 057.

But probably 100 kWh total so far I'd estimate... not even enough to get one tick out of that meter. :)

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Driving back last Sunday (4/21) from the Drive Electric Earth Month event in Asheville I stopped to charge. As I turned the corner at the shrubbery, I caught an KIA EV9 out of the corner of my eye and thought it was charging. Which I knew it shouldn’t be able to.
IMG_3159.jpeg

Turns out it was in a regular parking spot, parked there by a local KIA dealership.
IMG_3161.jpeg

IMG_3163.jpeg

What’s funny is just a few hours earlier, I’d been talking to an EV9 owner who’d driven up to the event from the Charlotte area. In the first few months of owning his EV9 he’d driven down to the Magic Dock stalks in Columbia, SC to try out charging at a supercharger. I showed him the “Superchargers open to NACS” filter on Tesla’s Find Us page, and this location off NC-127 in Hickory is one of’em.

So,when the date comes and KIA starts shipping out NACS adapters, there’ll be EV9s actually charging here, not sitting nearby as a makeshift billboard.

ha that is funny. I went with a coworker who wanted to test drive one of those EV9s. By the end of the visit, we were giving the car saleswoman a test drive in my Tesla. She was actually concerned I charge the Tesla in a garage, asking "aren't you concerned it will catch on fire". Dealer was asking $9k over MSRP for market adjustment. Couldn't pay me to drive one of those

• Funny
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec