Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Patterson, CA #2 (location confirmed, no permit yet)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove by Patterson Denny's yesterday. There is no indication; not even a sign saying, "future home of Tesla SuperChargers" :( There are plenty of places around Denny's to put a bank of SuperChargers. The existing bank of 8 is at the hotel.

There is a new truckstop being built right off of the I-5 freeway (on the south side of Sperry Ave.). That would also be a good place to put the new SuperChargers instead of being so close to the existing bank of superchargers (which are on the north side of Sperry Ave.)

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021

According to the Tesla Supercharger map, it now says this for the new Patterson installation:

Patterson, CA​

Target opening in Q3 2022
Timing and location subject to change
New locations added and timing updated quarterly​

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021

Reactions: 1100MCM
Update: Tesla still says Q3 2022. But there's no construction activity around Denny's yet.

1650309967046.png

Also, this new SuperCharger set seems warranted because it is along Interstate 5 and the existing 8-stall Supercharger at the hotel is busy most of the time. And 2 of those 8 stalls are handicapped. I needed to charge-up and the map said that there were 2 empty stalls only to discover that those were indeed handicapped, so I waited. Fortunately, these are 250kW so only had to wait a couple minutes for one of the 6 folks to pull out.

Scott

--

The new Patterson supercharger has shifted into 2023: 😢

1652050120424.png

Since the new one in Turlock shifted by a couple of quarters also then there seems to be a trend (see Turlock Supercharger thread 227660).

Scott

--

The one in Turlock took about 10 weeks (June 11 to Aug 20) from the point of temporary fence appearing to asphalt striping:

I'm mentioning it because Patterson also uses Turlock Irrigation District power. So hopefully once our temporary fence appears the process will be that quick. They appear to use an existing curb-line as part of the process.

Sadly, it looks like our date has slipped again. From "Q1 2023" to "2023" :(

1661119373267.png

Scott

--

Reactions: 1100MCM
The gray SuperCharger icon on the Tesla map for "coming soon" has disappeared. So either they've pushed it even farther into the future or deleted plans entirely.

Scott

--