Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tax rebate extension possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well... glad I held off another day. Same car was $2,500 cheaper tonight and I can look at what a lease looks like and decide if I want to buy or lease. Going to be a lot of unhappy people in the morning. And some happy ones..

I’ve enjoyed my vehicle for almost a year now. And the difference in price now is $1000 more than what I paid out of pocket. Because I got full tax credits and $5k refund.

If we wanted to all save money, we could buy a Corolla. Or buy used / demo etc.

This few K here and there is silly to fuss over.

The general consensus is good, BUT I never bet on what Washington will do. It can help with EV sales in general if it passes. Better than letting it expire.
As a side note, not even remotely connected to this thread, what does "pulling the trigger" mean? You are thinking about buying it? Or you are going to use the car for target practice? ;) As a former Navy Vietnam carrier pilot, I never like negative terms to describe positive actions :)
How is “pulling the trigger” a negative term? A “trigger” is a term that can be used to describe any action that has an immediate reaction. You seem to automatically think that this means a trigger on a firearm. Even if that is exactly what the OP meant why is it negative? Last how does being a “ Navy Vietnam carrier pilot” have anything to do with this term in a negative way? Are you saying as a Vietnam veteran you take offense to this commonly used term (I myself am a 26 year Navy veteran who has done my fair share of trigger pulling by the way)? Are we that messed up as a society that we can’t use the term “ pull the trigger” anymore without offending someone?

No one should be unhappy. My computer is now cheaper, my phone is now cheaper, the original Panasonic flat-screen plasma was 15k.
In my heart, I think a Tesla 3 is like buying 80k in tech. hopefully, it will be cheaper and cheaper. Your investment must be safe because Elon will not let you purchase your car after lease. WHY Because after 3 years he wants it BACK.

Yes, in an attempt to keep prices from dropping like a rock on those models when they all come off leases (like Fords and other rental car models)…. It's a pricing play....

Reactions: T-Mom and KrenGrl
Yes, in an attempt to keep prices from dropping like a rock on those models when they all come off leases (like Fords and other rental car models)…. It's a pricing play....

The problem with your answer is Tesla will get the car back. The price of new cars has no bearing on the returned lease as there is no residual. I have leade 3 EV's. My 3 is the first one I bought. You should buy it with the longest, cheapest loan you can get.

Reactions: FlyF4
The problem with your answer is Tesla will get the car back. The price of new cars has no bearing on the returned lease as there is no residual. I have leade 3 EV's. My 3 is the first one I bought. You should buy it with the longest, cheapest loan you can get.

In other industries, the manufacturer would buy up used inventory (and scrap) just to keep new inventory prices high - been there, done that/ Just saying, that "could be" why Tesla is not offering a buy out at the end of the lease. Could also be because they want to sell them for nearly close to new car prices (as they do today) - all margin, or mostly.

How is “pulling the trigger” a negative term? A “trigger” is a term that can be used to describe any action that has an immediate reaction. You seem to automatically think that this means a trigger on a firearm. Even if that is exactly what the OP meant why is it negative? Last how does being a “ Navy Vietnam carrier pilot” have anything to do with this term in a negative way? Are you saying as a Vietnam veteran you take offense to this commonly used term (I myself am a 26 year Navy veteran who has done my fair share of trigger pulling by the way)? Are we that messed up as a society that we can’t use the term “ pull the trigger” anymore without offending someone?

By reading this post, I'd say we might be a messed up society when a person expresses their view, then someone comes along and offends that poster simply because they have a different opinion and you don't agree. I'm going to guess they don't like the term as it subtly implies pulling the trigger on a gun which certainly is not a positive reflection. It might be a commonly used Idiom because it once originated by someone using a gun as a metaphor. I guess people who use this term also like saying "kill that idea" or "shoot me an email." So yes, I think it is a negative idiom as well. Just let people express a view and get on with the real purpose of being here. To help other people.

To end on a positive note, thank you to all of our current and former service members for your service to our country. I can't imagine what that entails, so much appreciated.

By reading this post, I'd say we might be a messed up society when a person expresses their view, then someone comes along and offends that poster simply because they have a different opinion and you don't agree. I'm going to guess they don't like the term as it subtly implies pulling the trigger on a gun which certainly is not a positive reflection. It might be a commonly used Idiom because it once originated by someone using a gun as a metaphor. I guess people who use this term also like saying "kill that idea" or "shoot me an email." So yes, I think it is a negative idiom as well. Just let people express a view and get on with the real purpose of being here. To help other people.

To end on a positive note, thank you to all of our current and former service members for your service to our country. I can't imagine what that entails, so much appreciated.
Oh you mean when the OP uses a common phrase and someone has to go and say they shouldn’t use that phrase because it reminds them of guns? Yeah. That’s pretty messed up. Why can’t we all just be adults and realize the OP wasn’t talking about guns or firearms at all. Instead people have to go out of their way and make it something it isn’t and force their views down the throats of others. Hell I say shoot me an email all the time. Shoot on over to the mall, my car is a shooting brake, hey look at that shooting star, a panda bear eats bamboo shoots I like quad shot espressos, Get real.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: T-Mom
Oh you mean when the OP uses a common phrase and someone has to go and say they shouldn’t use that phrase because it reminds them of guns? Yeah. That’s pretty messed up. Why can’t we all just be adults and realize the OP wasn’t talking about guns or firearms at all. Instead people have to go out of their way and make it something it isn’t and force their views down the throats of others. Hell I say shoot me an email all the time. Shoot on over to the mall, my car is a shooting brake, hey look at that shooting star, a panda bear eats bamboo shoots I like quad shot espressos, Get real.
sir you need to let it go. I am glad there is a "ignore person" feature because it is just sad that some people want to be right and everyone else wrong. Please seek some help. ignored.

sir you need to let it go. I am glad there is a "ignore person" feature because it is just sad that some people want to be right and everyone else wrong. Please seek some help. ignored.
It’s funny you make comments like that but only AFTER posting your own views.....