Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla launches cheaper Model Y in Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Technically that includes the VAT tax so it’s actually 42k as the Euro is weak now.
Yup, I saw that in the comments as well. It seems like the same spec and same price as it was in the US when briefly available. With Kia and Hyundai already offering 58 kWh versions of their EVs for around $40k and VW coming out soon with a small battery ID4 for less than $40k, I wonder if Tesla is planning some lineup diversity with the Y. It'd be welcome in my mind... But it's always hard to predict what Tesla will do.

Was just talking to a friend about the proposed $25K Tesla, and I told him it wouldn't have a lot of range, because that's where the expense is. Cut the range from 300 miles to 200, and you've got about $10K savings, which is important in a cheap VW or even a cheap Tesla or similar ilk. I'd like to know what the EPA range is on all these new, cheap electrics that will be coming out, like here in CA where ALL new cars must be either electric or (HA!) hydrogen by 2035 -- 13 years. I can't wait to see the owners of hydrogen cars driving miles out of their way to fill up, rather than just plug into a socket in their garage. Nope. Teslas will have a jump start, but everyone from Ford to Kia will be jumping on the electric bandwagon, advertising everything BUT range numbers.