Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Join us THIS SUNDAY at the Calgary Tesla Service Centre for coffee, snacks, Teslas, and informative chats! Link to the event on Facebook below.
https://www.facebook.com/events/370136700119777/

6702 Fairmount Dr SE
Calgary, AB.

Time: 10am - Noon

Date: Sunday, February 11th

Discussion topics: Falcon Heavy Launch, charging and range in winter, pre-heating and battery conditioning, Tesla Apps and Alexa, etc...

Join us THIS SUNDAY at the Calgary Tesla Service Centre for coffee, snacks, Teslas, and informative chats! Link to the event on Facebook below.
https://www.facebook.com/events/370136700119777/

6702 Fairmount Dr SE
Calgary, AB.

Time: 10am - Noon

Date: Sunday, February 11th

Discussion topics: Falcon Heavy Launch, charging and range in winter, pre-heating and battery conditioning, Tesla Apps and Alexa, etc...
Well that was a fantastic event today! Great food and lots of new information. Thanks again for organizing this.

Reactions: Footbag
I thought I would share some good news from the Tesla Calgary team... they have set aside two parking stalls for Tesla owners who require a charge while shopping at Chinook! There should be two stalls with pedestals in front of them - you can move the pedestal and park/charge in that spot. It is best-practice to let the staff at the store that you are there as well so they can monitor these spots.

This is especially welcome with all this cold weather we are having! Thank you Tesla Calgary!

So while at the Sunday Social, I managed to pick up 4 extra passengers... Arachnid 21" Silver wheels w/Pilot Super Sport tires (referral prize). I'm sticking with my 19s, so am looking to sell these. Thinking $4500 (the 21 turbines are $6000, so I think this is a good price?).
Turbines are $7,500 CDN and the Arachnids are technically (and arguably esthetically) better than the Turbines so yes, $4,500 is a steal! Somebody with an S jump on this!!

Reactions: Footbag
Caution travellers: Saw this on TMC
Screenshot_20180223-214550.jpg

To Barry (owner of a lovely grey P100D X) and his wife and son, if you’re on here, thanks for stopping to check in on me today. Had a whoopsie with a loaner S out in the boonies out west of Calgary - too much snow and not enough plows. Took a bunch of snow over the hood that completely blinded me and ran the car off the edge of the road. Barry happened by, we chatted, and 1/2 hr later his wife and son came by with a Thermos of tea. Unfortunately the tow truck had just arrived so I didn’t get to sample it, but I appreciated the kindness and generosity.

No damage to me or the car, just a couple hours spent digging out and waiting for the tow truck. I can say the Nokian WRs on my car handle this snow far better than the Michelin X-Ices that were on the loaner.

• Love
Reactions: 3s-a-charm
To Barry (owner of a lovely grey P100D X) and his wife and son, if you’re on here, thanks for stopping to check in on me today. Had a whoopsie with a loaner S out in the boonies out west of Calgary - too much snow and not enough plows. Took a bunch of snow over the hood that completely blinded me and ran the car off the edge of the road. Barry happened by, we chatted, and 1/2 hr later his wife and son came by with a Thermos of tea. Unfortunately the tow truck had just arrived so I didn’t get to sample it, but I appreciated the kindness and generosity.

No damage to me or the car, just a couple hours spent digging out and waiting for the tow truck. I can say the Nokian WRs on my car handle this snow far better than the Michelin X-Ices that were on the loaner.

Happy to hear everything was ok.

The conditions we have had these past two days have been pretty bad as we are having fresh snow on some pretty slick hard pack to ice. I feel these conditions are pushing the limits of my Nokia’s Hakas) at times.

Nose of the S makes a good snowplow, unfortunately it tends to send snow straight back up the hood. One downside to the low stance of the car, but the big pile of fluffy white stuff might have challenged a taller vehicle too. Now I get to drive home to Edmonton tomorrow for more of the same. I’m usually a winter guy, but even I’ve had enough by this time of year.

Announcement - be sure to drop in on the new Tesla Owners Club of Alberta thread.

[mod note - seems to be a lot of discussion about Alberta in general, so I've changed the title]

Any Tesla Owners in Calgary?

i'm planning on putting a deposit down come June, anyone know of the approx time it would take to be delivered? i keep seeing posts about years, then months and weeks for delivery.

I live in calgary, will be getting it in 1 week, in total took about 6 weeks

I saw TWO trucks full of Model S/X WESTbound on Highway 1 today. One was west of Field, BC, the other was west of Banff I think. Super strange. Would they be training them to Calgary, and then trucking them to Vancouver? I don't know rail routes, but I can't see why they would be heading west. Last time I drove by the Calgary SC last week, there were probably ~20 vehicles there in the lot still. Curious if that number has gone down significantly due to this shipment or not.

FYI. Not sure if anyone from Alberta is interested, but feel free to share.

From: Tesla Owners Club of British Columbia <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 11:53 PM
To: bc teslaownersclub <[email protected]>; [email protected]; Paul Carter <[email protected]>
Subject: REVolutionSS: Salt Spring Island, BC Event: June 22-24, 2018. ** Ferry Reservations ** Now Open

From the organizer: Jim Standen. Please see the website www.REVolutionSS.ca or direct inquires to: [email protected]

We invite you to join us at REVolutionSS. A family friendly weekend celebrating the new low carbon future. One of the opening special events is to try to mostly fill a BC ferry with Teslas and then invite the press. BC Ferries is doing their own media promotion. We are trying to send a message to the world that the change we want is happening quickly. Note: The VEVA 1912 Detroit will be joining us.

Ferry reservations are now open at BC Ferries. The desired ferries are as follows

• Tsawwasen to Long Harbour, Salt Spring Island, Friday, June 22, Departure 2:25pm - Non Stop. Arrive 3:50 pm. (The Media Ferry) - lets fill the Ferry with Teslas and other electric vehicles!
  • Long Harbour to Tsawwassen,, Sunday, June 24, Departure 3:30 pm - One Stop. Arrive Tsawwassen,5:30 pm

There are many other options for returning to the mainland, these will be posted to the web site shortly.

You may now reserve at: www.bcferries.com.

Please follow the BC ferry timing guidelines for arriving at least 40 and up to 90 minutes before your sailing - if you are late, your reservation is voided. And don't show up too early. (This is a very popular ferry and terminal)

Looking forward to your joining our celebration.

Jim Standen

P.S. Please help us track the # of Tesla vehicles on the Friday June 22 2:25pm Media Ferry sailing. by replying to this email, forwarding a copy of the booking, or provide you've booked it to [email protected] and [email protected].