Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla supplying ChargePoint DC Fast Charger hardware?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve noticed some interesting construction at the IKEA in Ottawa. Initially I thought we were getting a new Supercharger when I saw the Tesla cabinets getting installed. But the location was odd. There are no amenities. Plus, the location was not listed in the list of “coming soon” Superchargers.

Now the stalls (8 in total) are being installed. The stall hardware is branded ChargePoint. The installer claims they will be for exclusive use of delivery vehicles, presumably from IKEA. I'm not sure if this is true. The area could use more DC Fast Chargers.

Has anyone else seen Tesla hardware supporting ChargePoint or other DC Fast Chargers?

IMG-4914.jpg

Reactions: PStewart
That Tesla cabinet looks like a Megapack, so they are probably using it for peak shaving to save on demand fees from the utility company.

Electrify America has installed Tesla Energy products at a number of sites for this purpose, but I can't say that I have seen Charge Point doing that.

As a side note, our local Ikea is in the process of getting a Tesla Supercharger installed as well as an Electrify America station. And it was mentioned that there would be charging for Ikea delivery vehicles, I don't know if they will be using the EA stalls, or if that will be an additional install like you are seeing.