Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chicago Tribune - this morning: Chicago auto mechanics strike, now in its 2nd week, shuts down service work at 56 new car dealerships

Excerpt:

If you’re looking to get your car serviced at a Chicago-area dealership, it may take a while.

More than 800 auto mechanics are on strike after failing to reach an agreement on a new four-year labor contract, essentially shutting down service work at 56 new car dealerships in the city and the suburbs. The last Chicago auto mechanics strike in 2017 lasted for more than seven weeks before a deal was signed.

As of today my Model 3 is fully paid off! That 1k / mo is gonna go straight into TSLA shares now, which will be converted to a Cybertruck or Roadster in 2023. The cycle continues 🚀

This post makes me smile. I'm buying my first Tesla next year, a Model Y LR, and I suspect my Tesla owning experience will go very much like this. :cool:

Finally pulled the trigger last night to upgrade my wife's RAV4 Hybrid. :D Her Y will join my 3 in the garage so we will be 100% EV. Delivery expected in December, depending on the status of the federal tax credit.

Edit:
20210810_134501.jpg

Edit 2: Maybe it will be made in Texas? 🤔

I got notice from Tesla that my wife's SLR, ordered 3/24 will be delivered November 24-December 14. It had been August. Not sure what to make of this.

Some folks are allegedly being told if they change their order (which would hit them with the $10,000 price bump) they'd get it sooner.

Fred of course made a whole article over said allegations, no link for him though.

Still needs shareholder voting?

And, I would think AGM now unlikely to be on Aug-19 because there must be at least 10 days of notice. Would it be held within days, few weeks from another event (AI day), less likely? This makes AGM, shareholder voting less likely in August.

This in turn will make split unlikely before ESPP enrollment deadline in September for Tesla employees?

EDIT: By special meeting, did you mean special shareholder meeting? How many days of notice is needed for that? If the split isn't done soon enough to be useful for employees in their ESPP enrollment for Q4-2021, with deadline in September, isn't it unlikely to happen for the next few months?

Any increase in the number of authorized shares does require shareholder approval (at an annual meeting or a special meeting called for that purpose). This is not a problem, shareholder approval of additional shares to effect a split would be a foregone conclusion whenever it was put to shareholder vote. Both the regular and special meetings requires notice of not less than 10 days or more than 60 days.

Given that Tesla has not set a date yet for the annual meeting, I think this increases the chances that an increase in share count and subsequent split may be on the agenda of the annual meeting (although by no means a given). After all, timing is everything when it comes to splitting shares for maximum effect (assuming one of the goals is to force the fake shares to cover). I don't see any conflict with having the annual meeting and AI day in close proximity to each other. I don't think Elon is joking when he says AI day is primarily a recruiting tool.

As to timing the announcement of any possible increase in shares for purposes of a stock split in order to maximize employee compensation, it's important to realize that Tesla is very data driven and they value their employees and want to "do right" by them. That probably means the timing will be consistent with providing as good of value to as many employees as possible. That doesn't necessarily mean it will be timed with artificial dates of any enrollment deadlines unless not doing so would broadly reduce the value of employee stock based compensation. Since I'm not familiar with the particulars of the compensation I can't say how important such deadlines are to this in actual practice, but I doubt the enrollment deadline is big deal with regard to this.

In short (pun intended), I would not rule out the possibility of an announcement of a vote to authorize more shares either at the upcoming announcement of the annual meeting or, following that, the calling of a special meeting at a strategic time for that purpose. If it's not included in the regular meeting agenda, that would appear to take some pressure (but not all) off those who are short, at least for a few weeks (but nothing prevents a special meeting from being called in quick succession to the annual meeting).

Shorts beware, you are sitting on a ticking time bomb and the longer it ticks, the more potential it has.

I got notice from Tesla that my wife's SLR, ordered 3/24 will be delivered November 24-December 14. It had been August. Not sure what to make of this.

There is a discussion ongoing here:

Disagreed because a teslarati article isnt really a discussion. Was this a mislink?

Look what's hiding in the Infrastructure bill. So much for getting some EV help from this Government.
At this point, I would much rather see the Gov just take their hands off and let Tesla fix the world on their own.

Lars does a fantastic video illustrating how well Tesla does on road trips compared to ANY(ICE or EV) car. It also shows that competition does not exist. Tesla sharing chargers is important for Tesla's mission as the so called competition is incompetent.
In the US we have done many trips using superchargers making vacations fun and relaxing upon arriving at destinations rested and ready to explore.
Tesla has factories putting out new superchargers at a crazy pace.
My hats off to Lars for a great take on how far ahead Tesla is. He also incorporates production at factories.

Surprisingly still pretty weak volume. Quite surprised the low volume isn’t being used to drive this down. Seems like it would take little effort to do so

I think we're in the covering cycle of the MM's. Imagine how much effort(net shorting) it took to absorb any buying appetite from 1Q P&D announcement til now.

They're likely content to just keep the lid on things when SP spikes on low summer volume and continue to slowly cover at any opportunity. I doubt they want to be heavily short going into 3Q earnings, or even past the low volume summer doldrums.

Last edited:
Look what's hiding in the Infrastructure bill. So much for getting some EV help from this Government.
At this point, I would much rather see the Gov just take their hands off and let Tesla fix the world on their own.

This is funding that "puts $125 million toward exploring the possibility of a federal vehicle miles traveled tax" and mentions it'd be voluntary besides.

And would apply to everyone, not just EV owners.

There needs to be a replacement revenue source for the current gasoline tax to pay for highways....especially as gasoline sales continue to decline as ICE use does.

I'd rather they figure out a workable replacement sooner than later.

This is inevitable and fair. Users will pay tax for the infrastructure they patronize. As the fossil fuel use declines, something will have to replace the fuel taxes used to build and repair the roads and bridges.
regarding the linked Daily Mail, it is a right wing rag, albeit fairly popular
from Wikipedia:
"The Daily Mail has been noted for its unreliability and widely criticised for its printing of sensationalist and inaccurate scare stories of science and medical research,[17][18][19][20] and for instances of plagiarism and copyright infringement.[21][22][23][24] In February 2017, the Daily Mail became the first source to be deprecated as an "unreliable source" for use as a reference on the English Wikipedia."

As to timing the announcement of any possible increase in shares for purposes of a stock split in order to maximize employee compensation, it's important to realize that Tesla is very data driven and they value their employees and want to "do right" by them.

My "shoot from the hip" and "completely made out of thin air" guess would be that they would want to reward employees of the new factories. So 90 days after the last GF (Austin or Berlin) comes online to allow time for employee benefits to be taken advantage of for all new hires and they can enroll in the ESPP. I hope we dont have to wait that long though.

Actually there are multiple threads for various configurations. It seems there is a large increase of close delivery dates, and a few Model X orders appear to be coming soon also. Despite some contrary suggestions I am quite certain than there is substantial progress on both Model S and Model X.

Several people, including me, have suddenly had calls and emails with very specific information. My own was more specific than I had previously experienced.
This must be significant news.
This quarter should have profit contribution at least from Model S and possibly Model X as well.