Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1:10 Sized Cyber Trucks are sold out. :(
If you buy 2 of the 1:64 version, you get free shipping though. :)
Damn, I really wanted a couple of those 1:10 units! Was going to make a course in the backyard. Maybe if we click our collective heels together and say "I Musk, I Musk, I Musk have a Mini Cybertruck," they'll up production. Wild that it only costs $100 to reserve one, but $400 to buy a mini one.

TLDR:

1. Giga4 tree cutting is done except for two with hibernating bats.

2. Leader of green party leader resigned due to making Germany angry for suing Tesla without members approval.

Mod: inserted at @Singuy's request. --ggr
Nobody from the Green Party resigned, you completely confused this. The Green Party is part of the state government that is pushing Giga Berlin forward. The resignation comes from the leaders of Grüne Liga, a small controversial environmentalist group. They filed the complaint to stop the tree cutting without consulting their members. (The large German environmental organisations like BUND are explicitely not against GF4.)

Gelände in Grünheide: Bremst dieser Fledermaus-Baum Tesla aus?

Drone footage of 30 harvesters cutting down trees. Looks like the Germans are trying to 1 up the Chinese to the best of their abilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
A quick short story to close out Friday afternoon,

A long time friend of mine who is very risk averse , I don't think he owns any individual stocks (just 401k set it and forget it) ... He was asking me what i thought about TSLA, now ... mind you I told him 2019 June that I thought TSLA was greatly undervalued and misunderstood ... he took no action ... and I don't think he believed me as he never asked again until this past week ...TSLA SP is now up $700/share from $200/share when i told him I thought it would be a good investment ... I told him to wait till closer to Q1 earnings

He is well into his 70's and I don't think he actually knows how to trade online ... so in the past when your relatives , friends , acquaintances are talking about stocks , folks who for the past 10 year bull run have not said a word about stocks are now looking to become investors in TSLA etc. ... my recollection is that this is a cautionary sign that we are overheating ....starting to think TSLA accumulating phase need to be paused ..... might be some discounted shares when this greater fool scenario plays out...

Is TSLA immune to market forces now ... I don't think so ...

Fire Away !

Dude. WTF with the acronyms again. OMG, give it a rest. :(
Tough Crowd... Tough Crowd

upload_2020-2-21_16-57-22.jpeg

TLDR:

1. Giga4 tree cutting is done except for two with hibernating bats.

2. Leader of green party leader resigned due to making Germany angry for suing Tesla without members approval.

Gelände in Grünheide: Bremst dieser Fledermaus-Baum Tesla aus?

Drone footage of 30 harvesters cutting down trees. Looks like the Germans are trying to 1 up the Chinese to the best of their abilities.

Thanks for that. From the article I found the following interesting (via google translate)

bild.de said:
The bombing of several World War II bombs had to be postponed because the activists were in a restricted area. Only in the afternoon, the climbers of the police managed to abseil down with the activists, after which the bombs were blown up.
So, if I understand this right, this is after the initial protestors sporting Ikea slogans were kicked out (as I understand it a fence was installed after that incident). Which indicates the predictions I've seen of continuing harassment were accurate. Sigh.

bild.de said:
He [Mascher, the 'league boss']offered to withdraw the lawsuit - against compensatory measures for deforestation. But the comparison attempt failed
Sigh. I hope that is google translate failing to capture nuance. The attempt failed because Tesla called his bluff and accepted the offer.

For most of the day TSLA was down, while my Tesla portfolio of stocks and LEAPS were up. I have observed this
increase in option pricing on other Fridays as well. For simplicity the implied volatility of LEAPS on Fridays are higher than the Thursdays before or the Mondays after. Any explanation?

I think somebody mentioned the potential for positive or negative news breaking out over the weekend. It kinda makes sense when you look at your typical action for high momentum stocks.

For most of the day TSLA was down, while my Tesla portfolio of stocks and LEAPS were up. I have observed this
increase in option pricing on other Fridays as well. For simplicity the implied volatility of LEAPS on Fridays are higher than the Thursdays before or the Mondays after. Any explanation?

Friday has more risk thanks to the weekend, thus IV goes up Fridays and usually drops back down Monday absent other factors.