Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslafi question, weather data?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I have noticed that for a road trip I did, when I look at the trip summery for every driving portion it includes all the regular information (distance driven, kWh used, speed, cost etc.) and in addition it actually has the weather data (clear/cloudy, wind speed, and temperature)... now the weird part is the temperature data is way off from reality, so I don't know if the wind and clear/cloudy info is correct.

Anyway, my question is does anyone know a way to get this information when looking at local trip data? The only place I have seen it is on a long distance road trip. I ask because I was looking at some of my daily commute data and wondered if unusually high energy consumption was due to wind... but the wind data is not displayed.

Thanks,

Keith

I use the Windy app to look at wind information for various purposes, from trip planning with ABetterRoutePlanner to planning a road bike ride. That has future wind, not historical wind though.

Don't look at general weather for a whole city when comparing. That's an average over a pretty big region. TeslaFi calls some weather api that might be able to give local information. Look at Windy before you leave for a drive and check what TeslaFi says once you've done the drive. The information looks reasonable to me.

EDIT: TeslaFi might try to provide an average over your whole drive. If you change direction during the drive, the average wind speed over the whole drive (using direction) might look very different than the weather report wind speed.