Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered LR AWD black with white interior with Gemini wheels on 6/16/20. Changed the order to add 20 inch wheels after 3k price drop on 7/14. Delivery state is NJ. No VIN yet.

wondering if by changing the configuration slightly, I have put myself in the back of queue.... which I am ok with, as I read about all the quality issues. I much rather take the delivery in after September....

Ordered LR AWD black with white interior with Gemini wheels on 6/16/20. Changed the order to add 20 inch wheels after 3k price drop on 7/14. Delivery state is NJ. No VIN yet.

wondering if by changing the configuration slightly, I have put myself in the back of queue.... which I am ok with, as I read about all the quality issues. I much rather take the delivery in after September....

I considered doing the same, upgrading to the 20's after the price drop. When I asked my DS about this, they told me it would put me in the back of the line again. I ordered LR AWD black/black with Gemini's on 6/17. Got my VIN on 7/14...picking up in Paramus

Very nice, I am assuming they just inventory matched you?

I don't know. And I don't know how I would know? But that sure would make sense... I've been surprised to see just how many folks on that spreadsheet, placing orders within the last two months, are taking delivery on their cars before 28 days... Obviously I have no understanding of why some of them go well beyond that, and why some folks with pre-orders are still waiting... it's just an observation, and it appears like folks with similar orders to mine (LR AWD, 19" wheels, black interior, FSD) often are taking delivery ~10 days after they get a VIN...

I don't know. And I don't know how I would know? But that sure would make sense... I've been surprised to see just how many folks on that spreadsheet, placing orders within the last two months, are taking delivery on their cars before 28 days... Obviously I have no understanding of why some of them go well beyond that, and why some folks with pre-orders are still waiting... it's just an observation, and it appears like folks with similar orders to mine (LR AWD, 19" wheels, black interior, FSD) often are taking delivery ~10 days after they get a VIN...

My theory is that white interiors and tow hitches will generally put you in the back of the line.

Reactions: psuKinger
I considered doing the same, upgrading to the 20's after the price drop. When I asked my DS about this, they told me it would put me in the back of the line again. I ordered LR AWD black/black with Gemini's on 6/17. Got my VIN on 7/14...picking up in Paramus

20 inch induction wheel
Is too good to pass though. Initially I didn’t have this option as it was putting me over 55k, which negates the 5k NJ EV rebate, but with the price cut, I jumped on it. I’m now at $53990, so I could add another 1k worth of option and still get the NJ 5k EV credit.

20 inch induction wheel
Is too good to pass though. Initially I didn’t have this option as it was putting me over 55k, which negates the 5k NJ EV rebate, but with the price cut, I jumped on it. I’m now at $53990, so I could add another 1k worth of option and still get the NJ 5k EV credit.

Yea I was in the same boat, putting the 20's on initially put me over the 55k threshold so I passed. If I was patient, I'd change it and get in the back of the line cause I agree the black on black looks best.

Yea I was in the same boat, putting the 20's on initially put me over the 55k threshold so I passed. If I was patient, I'd change it and get in the back of the line cause I agree the black on black looks best.

You may want to get back in “line” as you would get the look you really want plus added benefit of getting a better quality car. (Hoping Tesla is continuously improving the quality of the car).

I was told no but I'm not an employee. I think you have the same RN number