Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The "Is Tesla Going Bankrupt?" thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The last of week March Tesla likely produced somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000-2500 M3’s units per week, and around 10,000 for the full quarter. Now compare this to some of Chevy’s figures for February 2018: Chevy Malibu 11890, Camaro, 3680, Impala 3386, Bolt 1424, and Caprice 7. For the full year, they only produced 9686 Corvettes. Can you say “too big to fail” again!

• Informative
Reactions: kbM3
Everyone should reserve another model 3 with no intentions of ever taking delivery. It's a $1000 loan to Tesla as a show of support. If you are mad that we pulled out of the Paris Accord.. prove it. Go onto Tesla's site and reserve a model 3 or even better a roadster. Let them keep your deposit for a couple of years. If we can get a million people to do it, it's an interest free billion dollar loan. Spread the word! Elon will do more positive with that money then any government Accord, because his mission is real and realistic.

I appreciate the sentiment but IMO that's a very bad idea.

Tesla cancelled multiple reservations early in the game to help ensure the authenticity of the reservation pool, which is helpful for planning purposes as well as to counter FUDsters who constantly claim the number of reservations is meaningless.

Last edited:

Tesla cancelled multiple reservations early in the game to help ensure the authenticity of the reservation pool, which is helpful for planning purposes as well as to counter FUDsters who constantly claim the number of reservations is meaningless.

I just reserved my dual motor model 3. Can’t wait to configure. I don’t know if it is a change to allow selection of short range and long range etc, but pretty cool i can reserve it this way

Reactions: MacRocket and EinSV
Things I don't understand #117 : tesla, pays back their $465 million dollar loan a decade early while other companies use tax loopholes to avoid paying taxes and everyone roots against them while short sellers flood the media with bankruptcy rumors to make money off of one of the few companys that actually wants to change the world for the better...SMH

I disagree. At this point, all that is out the window with non-owner, greater then first day reservations getting invites. As they approach 5k/w and beyond it matters even less.

I also disagree with how it helps with planning. They can't make nearly enough cars on any planet to satisfy actual demand which is only going to go to up with model 3 hitting the roads in mass and model Y reservations opening soon.

Who cars what the fudsters say, they don't need any excuse to lie and deceive. If it's not this it will be something else. Best just to ignore in-between laughing at them.

Everyone should reserve another model 3 with no intentions of ever taking delivery. It's a $1000 loan to Tesla as a show of support. If you are mad that we pulled out of the Paris Accord.. prove it. Go onto Tesla's site and reserve a model 3 or even better a roadster. Let them keep your deposit for a couple of years. If we can get a million people to do it, it's an interest free billion dollar loan. Spread the word! Elon will do more positive with that money then any government Accord, because his mission is real and realistic.
That is a novel idea, but I am going to do it a bit different. I am going to load up on every option available to me, including FSD, when I get my invitation in the next 90 days. Yes, I understand that the $3000 FSD option is a free loan to Tesla and that is now why I am no longer on the fence, reason be damned!

I disagree. At this point, all that is out the window with non-owner, greater then first day reservations getting invites. As they approach 5k/w and beyond it matters even less.

I also disagree with how it helps with planning. They can't make nearly enough cars on any planet to satisfy actual demand which is only going to go to up with model 3 hitting the roads in mass and model Y reservations opening soon.

Who cars what the fudsters say, they don't need any excuse to lie and deceive. If it's not this it will be something else. Best just to ignore in-between laughing at them.

Agree to disagree.

In any case, including my son our family has 3 Model 3s reserved, all of which we plan to purchase (one may turn into a Y), plus a Solar Roof and Powerwall. No additional reservations needed here, at least for now.;)

Reactions: TQCLove
Agree to disagree.

In any case, including my son our family has 3 Model 3s reserved, all of which we plan to purchase (one may turn into a Y), plus a Solar Roof and Powerwall. No additional reservations needed here, at least for now.;)

Same. You argue against my plan but... Do as I say not as I do. Lol. Finally some Hippocrates hipacracy that I like. I only 2 model 3 reservations so I'm not balling like you. People could also buy a bunch of stock and hold it until the whole climate change thing is all taken care of.

Same. You argue against my plan but... Do as I say not as I do. Lol. Finally some Hippocrates hipacracy that I like. I only 2 model 3 reservations so I'm not balling like you. People could also buy a bunch of stock and hold it until the whole climate change thing is all taken care of.

Plan is to get 2 of the 3s in the next few months (my son is buying 1 with his $ so don’t worry I’m not ballin’ that hard :p). Then pick up the other 3 or Y when the Solar Roof/PW is ready so can drive on sunshine.:cool:

Losing Tesla and Toys R Us in the same year is just way too much.

Too bad we didn't have a catchy jingle for Tesla before it went down.

---
I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys R Us kid
they got a million toys at Toys R us that I can play with
I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys R Us kid
they got the best for so much less, it'll really flip your lid
From bikes to trains to video games
it's the biggest toy store there is (gee whiz!)
I don't wanna grow up, cause maybe if I did
I couldn't be a Toys R Us kid
more games, more toys, oh boy!
I wanna be a Toys R Us kid

MODERATOR: This thread has been designated as the catch-all for the various similar threads on this topic. If you are looking for your otherwise disappeared post, it likely is here.

Okay so I get called a Tesla fanboy all the time here but... I'm seriously concerned about this article I just read and I realize I don't know enough about what I'm reading to know if it's FUD or real...

Tesla is just months from a total collapse, says hedge-fund manager

My Model S lease is up in November, I only have a few months left before I have to order my next Tesla... Is there going to be a Tesla in a few months or am I grossly overreacting to one article?

Thanks,
Jeff
Man they merged my thread! I had a funny bankruptcy thead meant to move product. Now we definitely will go bankrupt since someone might have bought the one model 3 capable of making us not go bankrupt.

Reactions: Lem89
While I don't currently have a Tesla vehicle, I do have a M3 reservation, I only want the $35,000 version that Elon "promised" way back when. Nobody knows if/when Tesla goes bankrupt, but while I'm not worried about not getting my car, I definitely don't see a line of companies vying to buy Tesla post BK. Sure, it's a desirable company, but not without some big risks. How is the new parent company gonna take care of all the soon to fail MCU, door handles, falcon wings, drive units,.... How are they gonna have enough staff to service the cars? Anyways, all this is just speculation for discussion. Hoping it'll never come to that.
The new company doesn't have to honor the old company's warranties.

Reactions: X Yes?