Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking about a used 2022 Model Y, a few questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking at used 2022 Model Y, I'm focusing on that year because for me it's the best balance between features and price (2022 has AMD Ryzen, 16v battery, USS and there's a big difference in price between 2022 and 2023). In addition to the Tesla used inventory, I'm also looking at sites like CarMax and Carvana. After doing some research, I have a few questions:

1. According to the Model Y manual, the brakes need cleaning and lubricating every 12.5k miles in areas with salted roads. Can I use the VIN to look at the Tesla service records to verify they did this maintenance? If not, is this something I can easily check myself when I do the test drive? (for example without taking off the wheels).
  2. I read some articles that Tesla brought back low regen option, but was this actually released in a software update for 2022s? If not, are they planning to? We will have a mix of an ICE car and Tesla so this option would make the transition easier.
  3. In the past when I bought used ICE cars, I took it to an independent mechanic for inspection. Does the Tesla service center offer this kind of inspection service? If not, I'll have to try to find a local mechanic that works on Tesla, which might be difficult since the car is so unusual.

Not all ‘22 model Y’s have the Ryzen processor or the lithium 16v battery. My first Tesla was an early model 22 Y and it shipped with neither. Those features were rolled out during the model year, so you’ll need to check the cars to confirm they have them.

Not all ‘22s are built the same; you’ll want to verify the options you must have are actually on the vehicle. Tesla pushes hardware/software updates on their schedule, not by model year.

And Tesla won’t release prior service records where/when you’re not the owner.

Haven’t seen low regen in a long time… doubt it’ll come back. Don’t worry about. Once you get used to the one-pedal driving in a MY, you’ll find it weird to drive an ICE 😂

Reactions: thefrog1394