Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This must be the silliest reason to sell a Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

After a serie of front collisions, the San Francisco Golden Gate bridge installed a "Road Zipper" divider barrier.
allowing to improve security and congestion during rush hours.

Previously, the separation was performed using moving cones.

480x480.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Ulmo
I guess you haven't read all my posts above. Global warming is likely exaggerated at best or made up at worst. Co-Founder of green peace even admitted it himself.
I do think we drastically over use antibiotics (especially in soaps and hand sanitizers so we agree there)
Zealots with guns? This is a much deeper subject but my response is MOLON LABE.
I'm not going into politics here because all these posts will be quarantined to some other thread by mods anyway
OK. That guy you're referencing was not a co-founder of Greenpeace.
Patrick Moore

He didn't so much leave Greepeace, as he abandoned it and joined the other side to make more money.

My favourite moment is when he declares Glysophate perfectly safe, and someone can drink it, then when offered it, refuses to drink it.

So I bought my wife a16 MS 75 a couple months ago and she absolutely loves it but after a brief conversation with one of the hockey parents my wife comes home and refuses to drive the car. She tells me she doest want it and to get her any other car but a Tesla or EV for that matter. Puzzled I ask why. She tells me that this hockey parent was also looking to switch from a Maserati but after extensive research found that the Tesla causes testicular cancer as well as Leukemia. Now i know that it's a bunch crock but how do I calm her down and keep from making what I think is a mistake by trading the Tesla? I personally think its silly but even if there's a 1% chance of it being true I cant have her driving the car as my kids(and of course my wife) spend most of their car rides in it. What do I do and how can I make her feel safe in it? Anyone?
I think this condition of someone thinking those things will happen is rare. While I hate to say this, your wife is more important to you than what car you own. I'm OK if you appease her instead of get an EV with most of us. The rest of us can pick up your slack.

Maybe in 20 or 40 years she'll learn something different from somewhere.

I don't have a spouse; is it a problem she believes the other moms more than ... well never mind. I should stay out of it; that sounds bad for that question to be asked.

Reactions: Hank42
I’ve looked into that claim prior to purchasing the tesla and could not find any evidence for either side of it
You could be at a higher risk for cancer, or not.
The reason I chose the tesla is because an ICE cars emissions are proven to be cancer causing

There’s also the point of us already being bombarded with EMF radiation from cell phone towers, power lines. What’s one more thing?

Another thing to consider is the suns radiation is known to be harmful, but we aren’t constantly covering up. Just like we’re not constantly driving the car

I know this doesn’t answer your question, but there is no definitive answer.
I'm thinking the various electromagnetic caused particle rays and fields (such as magnetic) could be measured with a bunch of potentially expensive lab equipment. Then, studies would have to be done to see if those rays and fields cause problems. Also, tests could be done to see if there are ways to mitigate those rays and fields. Also, compare those rays and fields to rays and fields of ICE cars.

This is by far my biggest concern. The cell chemistry Tesla chose to go with was a trade-off... mass availability (and lower cost/more storage density) balanced with safety/stability of the cells. These little suckers are highly volatile
Have you seen what happens to gasoline when you spray it on a hot exhaust manifold after puncturing a fuel line in an accident? There isn't any data (anecdotal or otherwise) that shows that a Tesla catches fire any more readily than an ICE. To worry about this is just as rational as worrying about EMF in your Tesla leading to cancer.

Have you seen what happens to gasoline when you spray it on a hot exhaust manifold after puncturing a fuel line in an accident? There isn't any data (anecdotal or otherwise) that shows that a Tesla catches fire any more readily than an ICE. To worry about this is just as rational as worrying about EMF in your Tesla leading to cancer.

The WIFI on the other hand... we’re all fook’d! Google is compromised, vaccines cause autism, and the deep state is on its way to Florida right now to wipe @SeminoleFSU ’s memory of the entire affair.

Throw a match on THAT.

• Funny
Reactions: croman

After the incident yesterday it is apparent that minivans burn just as well as Teslas. I would like to think that if the person were driving a Tesla instead of the Sienna they would still be alive, and it would have caught fire, but of course there is no definitive answer to this.

One dead after car fire near Peace Arch border crossing

I could do this for hours and hours but I'm a firm believer that if you spoon feed people the truth, they'll never believe it until they find it themselves. This is from personal experience trying to inform people on taboo subjects... There's a reason my avatar is what it is. ;-)

It's interesting you say that, because most of the fuel for many absurd conspiracy theories come from people being "spoon-fed" BS through social media, whether it's flat-earthers or anti-vaxxers.

The first time I saw anything about the dangers of 5G, it was a link an old friend posted on FaceBook (she was a strong Anti-Vaxxer about 20 years ago in the early days) so I was immediately skeptical. The website she linked to basically said it was incontrovertible fact that 5G is "killing people" and causing brain cancer (along with LTE, 3G and 2G) despite all the evidence pointing to lower brain cancer rates since cellphones became mainstream in the 1990's, at least in Europe and North America.

I agree the jury is still out on 5G, and research should be done and encouraged - not suppressed. But the issue I have is with headlines saying there's a proven link between these radio waves and cancer, when in fact the two major studies completed in this area were both empirically inconclusive. Of course, when a study doesn't confirm your bias, you make the comment "yeah right" so while you can pat yourself on the back for not being "spoon fed", if you're ignoring the science, you're really no better than the climate deniers, or flat-earthers.

OK and that study says (drum roll please)

Results: Overall, 3391 cancers were observed with 3825 expected, yielding a significantly decreased standardized incidence ratio (SIR) of 0.89 (95% confidence interval [CI] = 0.86 to 0.92). A substantial proportion of this decreased risk was attributed to deficits of lung cancer and other smoking-related cancers. No excesses were observed for cancers of the brain or nervous system (SIR = 0.95; 95% CI = 0.81 to 1.12) or of the salivary gland (SIR = 0.72; 95% CI = 0.29 to 1.49) or for leukemia (SIR = 0.97; 95% CI = 0.78–1.21), cancers of a priori interest.

R
isk for these cancers also did not vary by duration of cellular telephone use, time since first subscription, age at first subscription, or type of cellular telephone (analogue or digital). Analysis of brain and nervous system tumors showed no statistically significant SIRs for any subtype or anatomic location. Conclusions: The results of this investigation, the first nationwide cancer incidence study of cellular phone users, do not support the hypothesis of an association between use of these telephones and tumors of the brain or salivary gland, leukemia, or other cancers.

You'll find out just how compromised soon enough... I'm sure you'll PM me your apology in a few years when you finally discover the truth. PS. I love people who laugh at others on subjects that they themselves have not done one iota of research on said subject. It's not that Google completely removes certain sites, they just push some sites to the 2nd and 3rd pages of your search query on purpose knowing that most people only really look at the first page of results.

You really need to understand the difference between ionizing and non-ionizing radiation... It would save you some embarrassment...

Jeff

GET a EMF measurement device, and show her the radiation levels while driving, then put near her cell phone, microwave, hairdryer, electric toothbrush etc etc. exposure over 2.5mGauss for long periods of time (several hours) is considered bad...

• Love
Reactions: abasile