Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time for a Tesla adventure network?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see some fairly large gaps in locations such as Maine that won't allow one to charge. For example, looking at things I don't think it's possible to take a canoe on our Y for a canoe camping trip on the Allagash wilderness waterway Allagash Wilderness Waterway Conditions and Alerts: Water Activities: Bureau of Parks and Lands: Maine DACF

Maine-Charging.png

Perhaps, but what would be the most appropriate solution here? Would it be remote Superchargers out in the wilderness to support a relatively small number of users, or would a J1772, NEMA 14-50 or even just regular wall outlets (i.e. at campgrounds) be a more appropriate solution that would satisfy not just Teslas, but all EVs, with inexpensive charging solutions that could charge your vehicle while you are out exploring the trails/rivers/mountains/etc.?

Reactions: kayak1
Perhaps, but what would be the most appropriate solution here? Would it be remote Superchargers out in the wilderness to support a relatively small number of users, or would a J1772, NEMA 14-50 or even just regular wall outlets (i.e. at campgrounds) be a more appropriate solution that would satisfy not just Teslas, but all EVs, with inexpensive charging solutions that could charge your vehicle while you are out exploring the trails/rivers/mountains/etc.?
As many of the ranger stations and parks don't have power we may need to get creative.

I envision a setup such as a solar array matched with an appropriately sized battery pack.

Now that Telsa can charge for using the Tesla wall connector they can use that to bill for charging.

As these wouldn't be a high use location and a location of last resort charging the prices will need to reflect that. The pricing may be expensive to reflect the expense I know I would be willing to pay $2.00 per kwh for such access.

Reactions: boulder.dude