Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toyota Prius brake checks me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, driving home the other day, this Prius was passing people on the left shoulder and cutting people off as seen here. I wanted to see what my car would do and it braked for me and sounded an alert that a possible impact could happen. I didn't have a lot of faith yet in AP, but I'm getting better over time. Ever so slowly I'll let the car do it's thing, but I was super nervous about not reacting for the car since I saw him coming up on my left.

Now, I have more faith with AP and that it can do it's job while I sleep. LOL.

Curious if anyone else has captured any videos of people cutting you off and letting AP react how it was designed.

So, driving home the other day, this Prius was passing people on the left shoulder and cutting people off as seen here. I wanted to see what my car would do and it braked for me and sounded an alert that a possible impact could happen. I didn't have a lot of faith yet in AP, but I'm getting better over time. Ever so slowly I'll let the car do it's thing, but I was super nervous about not reacting for the car since I saw him coming up on my left.

Curious if anyone else has captured any videos of people cutting you off and letting AP react how it was designed.

Wow, what a douchebag. People that drive like that will eventually end up wrapped around a tree. And hopefully take no one else out with them.

I see a Tesla pulling right in front of a fast moving Prius that had already started an overtake in the fast lane. Pretty sure that for this move, in most countries the Tesla driver would be fined when the highway police were to notice.
In Europe of course the Tesla would be fined already when overtaking while in the right hand lane, but that's another story.

I see a Tesla pulling right in front of a fast moving Prius that had already started an overtake in the fast lane. Pretty sure that for this move, in most countries the Tesla driver would be fined when the highway police were to notice.
In Europe of course the Tesla would be fined already when overtaking while in the right hand lane, but that's another story.
It looks to me that this happened in a right hand driving country, where the fast lane is the right one and not the left one.

I agree that overtaking on the right is bad, but until you drive in North America, you don't understand the situation here. There is no lane etiquette here whatsoever, and you'll have grandmothers driving in the left-most lane doing 80km/h when the speed limit is 100km/h. Until slow, non-passing left-lane drivers also get fined, you can't single out people passing on the right.

Anyway, that Prius was probably driving very aggressively (and fast) and also passed that Silver Jeep in the right-lane and then back into the left-lane to over-take the OP Tesla. The Prius was definitely driving very aggressively, and I agree that the Tesla likely cut off the Prius. However, the unpredictable Prius driver should expect and react to other vehicles on the road because they are driving in a more predictable manner.

Looks like you cut the guy off, and it appears you knew that too and did it on purpose - the slower car in front of you was waaaay ahead and if you would've waited just 1 sec, the Prius would've passed you.

So, driving home the other day, this Prius was passing people on the left shoulder and cutting people off as seen here.

You were specifically looking for this guy and cut him off on purpose. 100%

EDIT: BTW, I'm not advocating the Prius driver passing on shoulder, but on the other hand what if that's the only choice he got left? Still, not advocating what he did, but confident that the OP is at fault and purposefully too.

Last edited:

I don't see that. All I can see from the video is a Prius passing on the shoulder, that may have passed the Jeep on the shoulder as well, instead of passing in the right lane as the MX driver.

Am I missing a video from a rear dashcam or something?

Please tell us more.
Comments here seem confused ...

1. Location?
State/ city / Country?

2. Is the Prius just flying down the road passing people on the thin fast lane shoulder?

3. Did you cut off the black Prius.
(Any rear cam video?)

4. Song playing on radio before blowing your horn?

Thanks for Sharing.

I would take my time laughing that driver in the face. Cracking up all over the place. Calling 911/112 on their behalf, never stopping to laugh.
Or after making sure everyone in the car is fine, beat up the driver and THEN call 911/112.

You never know what prompted the crashed driver to maneuver the way s/he did - stupidity, emergency, medical condition - you never know