Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS reports "tire pressure higher than recommended value" at 45 PSI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes! That turned the notice off. Question is why after 4K miles did it change 🤨
If yours is at 50 psi, you aren't having the same problem others are having. Theirs are triggering at 45-ish.

From what I can find OEM 19" Gemini tire is the Continental ProContact RX 255/45R19 104W XL T1 which has a max cold psi limit of 51 psi.

Depending on what actual psi number you are seeing, I'm going to guess what changed for you is the temperature during your drive changed. This can push the max measured pressure a bit higher. I presume when you say 50 psi that is your cold pressure (and actual reading you see is higher).

You are basically running at the rated limit of the tire, so it makes sense for it to alert for you. It doesn't make sense for the others as they are significantly under.

Reactions: DrDiesel1
If yours is at 50 psi, you aren't having the same problem others are having. Theirs are triggering at 45-ish.

From what I can find OEM 19" Gemini tire is the Continental ProContact RX 255/45R19 104W XL T1 which has a max cold psi limit of 51 psi.

Depending on what actual psi number you are seeing, I'm going to guess what changed for you is the temperature during your drive changed. This can push the max measured pressure a bit higher. I presume when you say 50 psi that is your cold pressure (and actual reading you see is higher).

You are basically running at the rated limit of the tire, so it makes sense for it to alert for you. It doesn't make sense for the others as they are significantly under.
Yes, I agree with for others. I just can't figure out why mine changed after 2 months and 4K miles at the same cold tire
setting of 50 PSI