Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traffic Aware Cruise Control - Broken Out into Separate Option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else thing TACC should be unbundled from Autopilot?

I didn't purchase Autopilot because I didn't think I would use it and I felt it really wasn't ready for prime time.

But I would (if I could) purchase TACC because I do use cruise control and it would be a welcome addition. I would have paid $500 or so.

You can think anything you want.. :D. But with all the option consolidation (like PUP has been on all three car lines), *I* would think the odds on anything like this happening are slim to none and you know where slim went...

The aim is autonomous driving, hence AEP and FSD. The goal isn't making it better for *us* to drive manually. Else we'd have 360 view, and a lot of other things. Unfortunately.

I feel the same way -- TACC is essential and AP is meh. Unfortunately, I'm afraid TACC is going to remain a $5000 option. They have to charge double what they normally might to make up for having the hardware and system development in the cars that don't pay for the option. They are not interested in giving MORE buyers a way to opt out of funding the development.