Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk size for golfer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking of getting a model 3 for use at our vacation condo in the Palm Springs area. My wife is a golfer and being able to fit a set of clubs in the trunk is a necessity. Is the 3's trunk big enough for one or, better, two sets of clubs?

I searched and found an old thread but don't know if it was really relevant.

Also, for those of you in California, how much does it cost to own a model 3 there?

I guess the sales tax is 7.5% without any discout for electric cars and the registration fee is about $80 but going up this year by $150 or so. But I thought I saw someone mclaiming there is a $1000/year fee. The web pages I have found confuse me (easy to do) so I was hoping to get actual experience.

I'm thinking of getting a model 3 for use at our vacation condo in the Palm Springs area. My wife is a golfer and being able to fit a set of clubs in the trunk is a necessity. Is the 3's trunk big enough for one or, better, two sets of clubs?

Also, for those of you in California, how much does it cost to own a model 3 there?

I guess the sales tax is 7.5% without any discout for electric cars and the registration fee is about $80 but going up this year by $150 or so. But I thought I saw someone mclaiming there is a $1000/year fee. The web pages I have found confuse me (easy to do) so I was hoping to get actual experience.

The trunk is plenty big for at least two full sized bags. I put my bag in it yesterday with plenty of room to spare. I suspect four bags will fit in the trunk.

Reactions: jsmay311

My 2018 registration came out to $628.

• Informative
Reactions: erthquake
Thought I would add to this thread for travelers........

I just packed a Club Glove Last Bag Collegiate across the back by tucking the top into the empty space on the drivers side. Typically I would just fold down the seat and put the clubs in that way. You can only fit one bag in that way but thought it might be useful for someone looking to understand the trunk size and versatility of the Model 3 trunk.