Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Peter Thiel?

A long shot but a really good option would be Ray Dalio, he looks up to Elon yet is extremely competent and would be a really good fit overall. The only question would be if he would be interested in taking on such a heavy role at this time. Also his experience of stocks and markets would be invaluable for Tesla. That would be the golden option I believe.

I'd reduce my holdings in TSLA if Thiel was chosen. Ugh.

What about Peter Thiel?

A long shot but a really good option would be Ray Dalio, he looks up to Elon yet is extremely competent and would be a really good fit overall. The only question would be if he would be interested in taking on such a heavy role at this time. Also his experience of stocks and markets would be invaluable for Tesla. That would be the golden option I believe.
Thiel is very smart and friends with Elon but I think too polarizing re politics. Reid Hoffman would be better choice (or Larry Page or Sergey Brin), all friends of Elon

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Ulmo and Rarity
Schadenfreude from SA:

thedyslexicephelant
Comments19 | + Follow
So nothing came of the suit. There is no justice in the world.

georgefelix75
Comments238 | + Follow
Agree $20M is nothing compared to the loses from his antics. It was deliberate and willful. Make a joke out of the SEC.

samdehne
Comments1562 | + Follow
The SEC proves that it is in cahoots with Tesla/Musk and the ilk of evil.
When you see what was done to Skilling and Madoff.. doesn't this demand
the highest punishment possible.. times 5?
Skil and Mad were peanuts in comparison to the broken laws here...

Diesel, Contributor
Comments3420 | + Follow
In other words Elon Musk gets away with fraud.
Well, what did you expect? In America if you are wealthy and powerful you are a god who is beyond law and no one can touch you. If you want to become untouchable, beyond law and a god in America, just become rich.

Thirst 4 Yield
Comments312 | + Follow
Money always wins

412Bob
Comments161 | + Follow
Cannot believe the SEC settled for such a small amount. They will certainly have earned any criticism of their lack of effectiveness that undoubtedly will ensue.

uptick_rule_now
Comments1396 | + Follow
shows the SEC does not want to work criminal cases. how anyone that evil and corrupt was allowed to buy their way out of this offense is a slap in the face of Justice. at least we still have the BK filling coming soon to take stock to zero

To be fair, many of them are consoling themselves with the "inevitable" DOJ case ;) Surely the world will see "justice" when that happens! ;)

Shorting based on an event is risky, im not so sure most shorts bet big on binary events like this. I know I don't. I am still on the insolvency bandwagon personally. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to consider long until q3. Nothing wrong with making some money on the way up, is there?

I volunteered at Santa Barbara Tesla store today. You have to realize Santa Barbara is less than 100k people and not adjacent to any other towns. There were a handful of truckloads of all Tesla models arriving in addition to the many cars already there this morning. Mostly Model 3's were being delivered but some S's and X's as well. My guess around 45 to 50 cars delivered. I did not check all VIN's but I did notice one was 113,xxx. What amazed me the most, the sales showroom was packed all day with people buying cars. There must have been 6 to 8 sales people swamped the whole time. There is certainly no demand problem here.

Shorting based on an event is risky, im not so sure most shorts bet big on binary events like this. I know I don't. I am still on the insolvency bandwagon personally. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to consider long until q3. Nothing wrong with making some money on the way up, is there?

As it's said... the smart shorts are the ones who start shorting a stock before everyone else does... and who get out before everyone else does. The question is timing.

I personally would never short TSLA, but I do adjust my exposure level based on how effectively I think good news can be FUDded down. And that, too, is about A) being right, and B) having good timing.

Schadenfreude from SA:

thedyslexicephelant
Comments19 | + Follow
So nothing came of the suit. There is no justice in the world.

georgefelix75
Comments238 | + Follow
Agree $20M is nothing compared to the loses from his antics. It was deliberate and willful. Make a joke out of the SEC.

samdehne
Comments1562 | + Follow
The SEC proves that it is in cahoots with Tesla/Musk and the ilk of evil.
When you see what was done to Skilling and Madoff.. doesn't this demand
the highest punishment possible.. times 5?
Skil and Mad were peanuts in comparison to the broken laws here...

Diesel, Contributor
Comments3420 | + Follow
In other words Elon Musk gets away with fraud.
Well, what did you expect? In America if you are wealthy and powerful you are a god who is beyond law and no one can touch you. If you want to become untouchable, beyond law and a god in America, just become rich.

Thirst 4 Yield
Comments312 | + Follow
Money always wins

412Bob
Comments161 | + Follow
Cannot believe the SEC settled for such a small amount. They will certainly have earned any criticism of their lack of effectiveness that undoubtedly will ensue.

uptick_rule_now
Comments1396 | + Follow
shows the SEC does not want to work criminal cases. how anyone that evil and corrupt was allowed to buy their way out of this offense is a slap in the face of Justice. at least we still have the BK filling coming soon to take stock to zero

deercreekvols
Comments12802 | + Follow
Reminds me of the "settlement" that Elizabeth Holmes was able to reach.
Resign as chairman but remain CEO. Got it.Nice work by the SEC. Collect the fine money and move on to the next case.Thanks for nothing.

Teddy Monster
Comments111 | + Follow
Musk got away with his crimes. This is unbelievable. He got away with it.

Jacjon0108
Comments433 | + Follow
Complete joke of punishment by SEC

Buddha1010
Comments1095 | + Follow
I've lost respect for the SEC enforcement division. Looks like Elon played them for the wimps they are. Really sad.
The likelihood of a DoJ action is now nil. The rich, white and entitled ruling class wins again. Just like gravity, there's no escaping this truism.

To be fair, many of them are consoling themselves with the "inevitable" DOJ case ;) Surely the world will see "justice" when that happens! ;)

This is so joyous to see. May they lose everything. Too harsh? lol I'm actually a nice guy, but the shorts are just super pathetic and bizarre beings. They remind me of flat-earthers / Alex Jones types.

As it's said... the smart shorts are the ones who start shorting a stock before everyone else does... and who get out before everyone else does. The question is timing.

I personally would never short TSLA, but I do adjust my exposure level based on how effectively I think good news can be FUDded down. And that, too, is about A) being right, and B) having good timing.
can i give you my money to invest :)

• Funny
Reactions: lklundin
Who has control of the stock? The 420 tweet and later failed go private decision put the stock firmly in the hands of the shorts. it had clawed its way back up to 307 before it was handed back to the shorts on Friday by the SEC, Musk and BOD. This settlement has saved us from certain control by the shorts that would have lasted until early next year.

on Monday and the following days we will see a battle for control. The shorts can taste blood and want to drive the stock to $35 share. Tesla can succeed, or fail... it has the sales, demand seems to be strong, and incredible support from customers. Will Tesla and Musk look forward and avoid creating delivery "HELL"... charging hell, autonomous hell, financing hell... in fact could we please get rid of the self aggrandizing "hell" statements. I got over staying up all night pride a few decades ago and Tesla should have planned better, given the demand was obvious from before ramp. (400,000 $1000 deposits)

Please Tesla, get someone who can plan ahead.

Finally... I no longer believe in a short squeeze opportunity for TSLA. Someone convince me I am wrong... they can sell to open all day long and EM has scared away the fund managers with his tweets and dope.

I think VW kind of short squeeze is unlikely to happen. The thought that TSLA will move up a lot really quick has hurt some aggressive longs. It's unfortunate, some of them are the strongest Elon supporters.

It's better to stay calm, add shares whenever I have extra cash, or accumulate cash for the next panic drop. For those who want to use leverage, buy long term calls when the market is filled with fear, don't use margin. This way nobody can force you to sell at a bad time.

10 years ago, SpaceX successfully launched their first tinny rocket - FH1. It was such a big joy, it's a big deal.
Look what they achieved in the following 10 years. Imagine what will happen in the next 10 years.

6 years ago, Tesla produced the first Model S. Look what they achieved in the following 6 years (in only 6 years!). Think what will happen in the next 10 years. I have no problem to keep adding shares, be it $100 or $400 a share.

possibly wise, but I will say of the paypal mafia, Peter is WINNING by far.. Palantir, Facebook Tilray, and more. He's figured something out and cashing in.

Management inside or board, maybe not so much.
Thiel is a wallet, and has the connections to open it. He's learned a few things along the way but most drafts behind others. He is not an operator.....certainly not of a $50B enterprise.

Don't hold back, be selective, TSLA deserves amazing leadership.
Or it will Peter principle out very quickly.

• Funny
Reactions: Lessmog

Selling calls against your position would be a good move too, if you're wanting to lower adjusted share price and don't want to ACTUALLY short shares.. I sells calls against MOST of all of my stocks. give up less than 1 in 10. Its extra income and appreciation. And nearly doubles my annual stock appreciation.

• Helpful
Reactions: lklundin
Status
Not open for further replies.