Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The shorts are going bananas. Look for a full out assault tomorrow and day after.

Just keep this in the back of your mind.

The top 3 holders of Tesla shares (EM, fidelity and ARK) all increased their holdings in the prior qtr. follow the money.
Yep. Looks like they think this is very ominous and suggests a major executive announcement, like a new CEO. I saw some tweets stating they believe the Tesla BOD is now in control, Elon is mostly in LA, probably on the way out. Lots of oddball theories, particularly if you know much about Elon. It's one serious crazy train they ride on. But, it suggests shorts may double down tomorrow anyway. I would expect there to be some intelligent covering Wednesday afternoon. Maybe 1 more morning dip before the ER?

This is true, if earnings are great (& even before that) Shorts gonna cry "foul" again. Would have been better to stick to at least Oct 31st ..IMHO .. (Market doesn't like sudden moves)

It's not that hard to look for an easy reason... Halloween would suck, as people have kids. Following week would be buried by election results. Week after that and OMG THEY'RE LATE MUST BE BK! And perhaps they just weren't sure they'd be ready by 10/24 until today. And in the way back times of yore (2016), they reported on 10/26.

Stop the presses; must be a conspiracy...

It's not that hard to look for an easy reason... Halloween would suck, as people have kids. Following week would be buried by election results. Week after that and OMG THEY'RE LATE MUST BE BK! And perhaps they just weren't sure they'd be ready by 10/24 until today. And in the way back times of yore (2016), they reported on 10/26.

As long as there is no issues .. I'm all for It :) After all, it is the best time for Tesla to control it's narrative for present, and next quarter.

Strange market as it remains un impressed with the release of a cheaper M3 version, because:
  1. Reportedly tesla was only going to make a cheaper M3 when they were profitable, because it is just a calculation based on economies of scale to make a mass market product with lower revenue from a cheaper product
  2. Elon made sure cheaper version was released so others could buy, ignoring the advice of investors wanting tesla to only sell high end M3
  3. Market is setting up pathway for new ipo which will bring to market in-home and in-office gas stations to charge computers, phones, watches, cameras, and tablets
Perhaps ER release date quickly announced to avoid speculation from "news" sites...

My thesis is Trump, Mnuchin et al will step in and come together with a China deal if the market sentiment gets too low. China needs it even more than we do. There has already been about a 7% hit from market highs. A nafta deal came through.

Interest rates are finally coming about to where they should be, hopefully the market figures that one out too.
The problem with the interest rates is that the Fed seems to be on autopilot, planning continual rate increases through next year at least.

Reactions: humbaba
Now being moved to 3:30 pm???? The call that hasnt been announced has been moved. lol

UPDATE - Tesla Announces Date for Third Quarter 2018 Financial Results and Webcast - NASDAQ.com

3:30 maybe 6:60 definitely.

I am gonna be super curious to see which journalists (looking at you linette) that dump their Chanos memos in a rush the next two days. I hate being conspiratorial but I do think there are people that hold certain tidbits of knowledge they think are negative and then deliver it magically to these useful fools when they feel the opportunity is right.

This is true, if earnings are great (& even before that) Shorts gonna cry "foul" again. Would have been better to stick to at least Oct 31st ..IMHO .. (Market doesn't like sudden moves)
Yep, this is rather interesting and certainly uncharacteristic. In all honesty, why the 2 day notice? Is this really an attempt by Elon to put pressure on the shorts? I kinda find that hard to believe, but I can't come up with a better reason.

Reactions: humbaba

That makes sense, but why announce the date on such short notice? There must be a good reason for that.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
When must a company announce earnings?
When must a company announce earnings?
By Investopedia Staff

A:
The Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) requires companies to file earnings reports no later than 45 days after the end of their first three quarters, and their quarterly and annual reports 90 days after their fiscal year end. Companies file quarterly earnings reports on Form 10-Q or 10-QSB and yearly earnings reports on Form 10-K or 10-KSB. A company can file these reports or announce earnings publicly whenever it chooses, provided it follows the 45- and 90-day guidelines set forth by the SEC.

However, in an attempt to make information available to the public in a more timely manner, the SEC adopted rules on August 27, 2002, that saw these 45- and 90-day requirements reduced to 35 and 60 days, respectively. The tightening of filing requirements, however, affects only public companies that have a public float of at least $75 million and have been subject to the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 for at least 12 months. The change in time periods was phased in over three years, starting November 15, 2002. For the first year, companies were allowed the 45- and 90-day requirements, then 40- and 75-day requirements the second year, and then 35- and 60-day requirements for the years thereafter.

Many websites have the release dates for earnings reports of publicly traded companies.

My notes ..Doesn't mention anything about # of days notice ...

3:30 maybe 6:60 definitely.

I am gonna be super curious to see which journalists (looking at you linette) that dump their Chanos memos in a rush the next two days. I hate being conspiratorial but I do think there are people that hold certain tidbits of knowledge they think are negative and then deliver it magically to these useful fools when they feel the opportunity is right.
The spotlight is on the dance floor. Let’s see which ws analysts and media short sympathy characters dance for us. So obvious.

Yep, this is rather interesting and certainly uncharacteristic. In all honesty, why the 2 day notice? Is this really an attempt by Elon to put pressure on the shorts? I kinda find that hard to believe, but I can't come up with a better reason.
My theory is it’s not about the shorts right now. It’s about Wall Street. It’s a mini middle finger to all of the boneheads. Especially if Tesla is profitable going forward he doesn’t need to play their games to get their money. I think he sees that proving Wall Street wrong will also effect the shorts.

That makes sense, but why announce the date on such short notice? There must be a good reason for that.

Given Zaxxon’s excellent breakdown of the “reasons” why Tesla would provide such “short” (hehe) notice, two days seems entirely “reasonable.” And they even pushed it back an hour, giving shorts 60 more minutes to cover. Not only reasonable, but incredibly compassionate.

Downright...weasonable! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.