Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.14.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed, took the best part of an hour.
Wow my screen is dusty.

PXL_20240430_163144295_.jpg

Who gets this? Any key changes to the ui?
One useful thing for me, assuming it works as described (I don't have the update yet).

If you touch the wiper button (giving a wipe you might not want) or the wiper icon (if you put it in the My Apps bar) then you can rotate the left scroll wheel up and down to change the wiper speed. And once you are in I, II, III or IV (not in Auto of Off) pressing the wiper button rotates through them.

One small step to compensate for poor automatic wipers.

Oh, and there are reports of a larger font for the speedometer.

Reactions: Simonsquiff
One useful thing for me, assuming it works as described (I don't have the update yet).

If you touch the wiper button (giving a wipe you might not want) or the wiper icon (if you put it in the My Apps bar) then you can rotate the left scroll wheel up and down to change the wiper speed. And once you are in I, II, III or IV (not in Auto of Off) pressing the wiper button rotates through them.

One small step to compensate for poor automatic wipers.

Oh, and there are reports of a larger font for the speedometer.
You could already scroll through the wiper speeds but just had to shift the wheel left and right rather than scroll it up and down. Up and down is better of course, just saying you might not have been aware this was already possible.

You could already scroll through the wiper speeds but just had to shift the wheel left and right rather than scroll it up and down. Up and down is better of course, just saying you might not have been aware this was already possible.
Yep. Knew about that. The strange thing was that you pushed left / right in this case, but if you did a long press on the left scroll wheel you had to rotate it up and down. Totally inconsistent. So I should have said that the change in the UI makes things consistent, rather than new.

In fact, I posted a long time ago lamenting the inconsistency and asking for roughly this change. Who knew that Elon listened!

Seems odd that the Y doesn't get the Hands Free Trunk - according to NTA

Anyone know if this is correct or just more shite admin from NTA 🤔

View attachment 1043374
This feature is likely to use UWB which isnt a component in the Y (yet) which is possibly why the Model Y is omitted from the feature.

It is also being touted that it is only for iPhone for the time being, as the implementation of UWB on Android is somewhat more involved/challenging.

Last edited: